Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

9/11 thought to share

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » 9/11 thought to share « Previous Next »

Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 2:23 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As September 11th approaches, it brings to mind how quickly our lives can change in an instant. This is a day which will always make us become a bit more introspective. We may even ask ourselves what would we change if we knew that our own lives would be shortened by some unforeseen catastrophe such as 9/11. How would we measure the success of our lives so far on this earth?

Authentic Success

"Authentic success is different for each of us. No single definition fits all because we come in all sizes. One autumn afternoon years ago, while wandering through an abandoned cemetery, I discovered a wonderful definition of authentic success inscribed on the headstone of a woman who died in 1820: : "The only pain she ever caused was when she left us."

Authentic success is having time enough to pursue personal pursuits that bring you pleasure, time enough to make the loving gestures for your family you long to do, time enough to care for your home, tend your garden, nurture your soul. Authentic success is knowing that if today were your last day on earth, you could leave without regret. Authentic success is feeling focused and serene when you work, not fragmented. It's knowing that you've done the best that you possibly can, no matter what circumstances you faced; it's knowing in your soul that the best you can do is all you can do, and that the best you can do is always enough.

Authentic success is accepting your limitations, making peace with your past, and reveling in your passions so that your future may unfold according to a Divine Plan. It's discovering and calling forth your gifts and offering them to the world to help heal its ravaged heart. It's making a difference in other lives and believing that if you can do that for just one person each day, through a smile, a shared laugh, a caress, a kind word, or a helping hand, blessed are you.

Authentic success is not just money in the bank but a contented heart and peace of mind. It's earning what you feel you deserve for the work you do and knowing that you're worth it. Authentic success is paying your bills, taking care of all your needs and the needs of those you love, indulging some wants, and having enough left over to save and share. Authentic success in not about accumulating but letting go, because all you have is all you truly need. Authentic success is feeling good about who you are, appreciating where you've been, celebrating your achievements. and honoring the distance you've already come. Authentic success is reaching the point where being is as important as doing. It's the steady pursuit of a dream. It's realizing that no matter how much time it takes for a dream to come true in the physical world, no day is ever wasted. It's elevating labor to a craft and craft to an art by bestowing Love on every task you undertake.

Authentic success is knowing how simply abundant your life is EXACTLY AS IT IS TODAY. Authentic success is being so grateful for the many blessings bestowed on you and yours that you can share your portion with others.

Authentic success is living each day with a heart overflowing."
(Taken from "Simple Abundance" by Sarah Ban Breathnach)

Thank you all for helping Mike and I to "make a difference in the lives of others". May you be blessed for all you do.
paula
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:32 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A, thank you that was beautiful. you really have made such a difference in so many peoples lives. and now you are really helping me, now i have taken my son off all the hidden msg i am seeing a huge improvement in his behaviour and his seizures. i felt so overwhelmed when i realised how much food had it hidden away, but thanks to you and everyone who has contributed to this site i am finding it easier everyday.

thank you
Margie
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 4:27 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Beautiful, Deb. I really liked that headstone description too.

That is fantastic news Paula! It is very encouraging to know and hear that people are able to escape some of the damage these poisons can do.
Thanks for your caring.
Deb A.
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 9:59 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Paula, you have made my day! Thanks for sharing the news about your son. You are to be commended for taking this information and saving your son.
It will get easier, I promise.
Glad you enjoyed the thought, both of you. Yes, that headstone description was inspiring.
Judy T
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 2:27 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb and Mike: Thank you. Sincerely.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page