Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

We have a new grandbaby!

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » We have a new grandbaby! « Previous Next »

Deb A.
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2003 - 11:40 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Number 9 arrived April 4th. Alexis is beautiful with lots of dark hair and huge eyes and my husband's and her dad's big chin cleft. She had very "wet lungs" at first, and an IV was started right away to give her anit-biotics. Since her white blood cell was a little high yesterday, they worried about infection and are keeping her for two more days. Luckily, since our doctor knows how sensitive the baby's father is, he ordered that the mother stay with her the entire time to nurse her, since he knows how badly Mike(our son) reacted to formula. Our son had a fit when they had to put an IV in her little hand...and of course, he doesn't like them in the first place...but with the scare of possible pneumonia, which is common when there is too much fluid left in the lungs, he came to accept what was done. She is doing great today. Our son's story is on our site, for those believing that they can't function due to MSG symptoms. He too, thought he couldn't continue with his education. His symptoms were debilitating headaches, inabiltiy to concentrate, dizziness, and numbness in his arms. Once he learned to avoid MSG, he went on to finish school and now owns his own chiropractic practice and has a new baby. He and his wife (luckily, she cooks very carefully and avoids MSG herself)just built their first home and are very anxious to move in. This young man of 28 truly thought his life was over at 21. To those who are new and who have just found us, please just hang in there, and trust what we have to share at this site.
Jackye
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2003 - 8:04 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulations on the birth of your new granddaughter! I have read your son's story. He is fortunate to have parents plugged in and willing to exhaust resources to get to the bottom of his illness. Just think of the many sensitivities that go undiagnosed.
Jen
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2003 - 6:25 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How wonderful!!!!!
Judy T
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2003 - 7:00 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb and Mike: Congratulations! Judy and Tony
Evelyn
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2003 - 9:04 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congrats!
Carol H
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2003 - 12:12 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulations!! :)
MEMorrisNJ
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2003 - 12:29 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb - Congratulations to you and your family! I reread the incredible story about you and your son and saw the wonderful picture of you and your husband. May all your grandchildren, including Alexis, live healthy lives and keep you and your husband young at heart.
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2003 - 3:33 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you, friends! We feel so richly blessed...not just by family, but by the wonderful people we have met and come to know and appreciate through this cause.
Little Alexis was released early today and is doing wonderfully. I'll try to get Mike to post a picture...gee, do I sound like the pround gramma??? :)
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2003 - 3:34 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm so excited, I can't spell at all today!That's PROUD gramma. Sorry.
dianne
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2003 - 4:21 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

deb, i'm so happy for you also! (haven't looked at this site for several days) looking forward to seeing THAT PICTURE of alexis when mike gets time to post it. my own little grandson is 8 weeks old today! also doing well, with a bit of a scare 2 weeks ago, but no real worries. a thankful gramma dianne.
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 10:21 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, dianne. These little ones sure tug at our heartstrings, don't they. We all want a safer and healthier world for them...but for now, they have lots of love. Glad your grandson is okay now.
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 4:41 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Descriptions of pubs their atmospheresmxx

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page