Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Serial killers

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » Serial killers « Previous Next »

vrtu1
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 8:17 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ABC World News just ran a spot showing brainscans of a serial killer's brain and a normal brain.
The serial killer's brain showed hardly any activity in the frontal lobes which control right wrong behavior as compared to a normal person's brain showing much activity. The serial killer cooperated because he wanted to know why he killed.

We all know that children, especially teens are having trouble controlling their behavior, that is, have absolutely no idea what's right or wrong.
Colombine on the extreme side and for a large percentage of teens--- roughhousing with each other that leads to broken bones, parties that destroy property with no regrets, drinking beyond all reason, speeding, dress, piercing, tatooing, etc. etc. Way beyond the limits of previous generations. There is no reasoning with them. They repeat the behavior. They have no comprehension of right and wrong.

I had contacted the FBI several years ago addressing the issue of excitotoxins and serial killers in Japan and America, encouraging them to study it.

Today my friend said that the Sniper that just went on a rampage here in DC area, had his junior associate eating ramen noodles, which are loaded with MSG,and made him run (depleting blood sugar-so extreme excitotoxic damage took place). Quite the monster that could be created.

What about the rest of society? When will the next demonstration of Excitotoxic damage make it's appearance?
Howard M
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 7:50 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yike....If we, the msg "challenged", are the canaries in the coal mine,

is this, then, the tip of the "Titanic" Iceberg?
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 11:24 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, sadly, I believe it is so.
Carol H
Posted on Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 7:08 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, the Titanic actually had warnings of icebergs. The hubris of the captain was at fault - not unlike the hubris of the large food companies. If we are heeded in time, even the biggest iceberg may be avoided.
vrtu1
Posted on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 11:20 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Neural pathways excited to death. Dormant brain areas incapable of functioning. Thought and behavior processing altered.

The really sad part is that at the end of the ABC World News bit on damaged forebrains, guess how they thought they might handle the problem?
Why, drugs of course-chemicals to battle chemicals.

The America Online welcome screen just announced what has happened at the University of Arizona...4 people gunned down.
Howard M
Posted on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 4:36 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Money Money Money =/slash (does not equal) real people...

Tom said it....I would get really disgusted with the betrayal and deceipt of the food companies

okay...I am detoxing and in month 7 ((waiting))

yep....I am disgusted and betrayed and deceived

Howie
John Brodar
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 8:54 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howard, it took me 18 months after my massive overdose of MSG to even hope to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Finally, a little over 2 years after my trigger incident, I felt well enough to re shingle my roof with the help of my adult children.

Hang in there, keep reading and learning and for sure keep reading labels.
vrtu1
Posted on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 11:46 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Let's just review a little here to see what we can assign to whom. The compound in seaweed responsible for exciting taste is isolated. American GI's find Japanese K rations to be quite tasty. Food companies pick up on MSG. Use begins. Cheaper method is discovered for producing the substance. Reactions start. Groups are formed to subvert information. More use takes place. New methods of production are discovered. Substance is used at higher levels in more and more products. Government agencies fail to protect public. Research and education at universities only serve the food company agenda. Media and AMA join ranks by keeping a lid on findings. Advertising industry pushes it. Pharmaceutical companies benefit. Greed rules and unthrottled use at unbelievable amounts occurs. Now it's NOT only reserved for manufactured products and meats, clandestine carte blanch spraying is allowed on all food crops...with America showing the consequences, and they're not good!

Can all the resulting problems be contained? What about the damaged forebrain individuals? Who is there to stop them when they decide to act? How do we educate children who are totally toxed out and damaged in so many ways, in so many areas? What about MSG on the highways? SUVs weren't the answer, they had a few problems of their own.

Couldn't keep Excitotoxin use at a low level, oh no--if a little's good then just keep on goin'---leave no food source uncontaminated, no options, save gardening---hence the uproar in seed engineering and seed patents. Where are the boards of inquiry? Tell me again how democracy works. Truth, now there's a word for you. Health, there's another word that needs examining. We should stop digging a hole and pouring our resources and the minds of our people into it. Collectively, we can figure a way out of this. For starters--goverment review boards set some limits on amounts used and enforce them. Withdraw aspartame. Lift the ban on hemp that is high in CBD's which have a neuro-protective effect.
Let us have access to uncontaminated produce, herbs and information. Oh mighty CEO's and government officials, the DC sniper was kind of random wasn't he? It's not like you are any safer than the rest of us.
Howard M
Posted on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 4:50 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh boy....the front page of our local newspaper a few days ago crowed about the enormous health risk of salt and the huge obesity problem...

Salt? eesh.....how is it that they (doctors, government, overseeing agencies, etc. etc. ) sorta miss the forest for a few little salt trees?

Yabba yabba, yes, salt causes fluid retention, but how is it that people with 9 plus years of education quit there and assume that it's just the fluid retention which exacerbates the CHF?

At least that's what the paper reported...Well, umm...if you transpose high temp processed glutamates and added it in to the salt, then maybe, Pilgrim, you got a match....

Me? I awready on a wistwictive salt diet cuz I don' go near anythin' canned, bottled, packaged, wrapped or bundled....so salt is the weast of my pwobwems.....an' de paper says salt is causing de healf pwobwems? I say....nope....salt + baad msg is de pwobwem....an' dis seems to be beyond all de intellegerent peoples running de companies (ah, I get it....$$$...$$$ KaChing$$$)))
Pat Shoffner
Posted on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 5:12 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now was that a couple messages or what? Must have been to close to Halloween or something. I enjoyed Howard's comments. You sound sort of sick - but then that is what is the result of all this msg stuff, right ? Anyway, thanks for the above as I enjoyed it and hope others do to.
Deb A.
Posted on Saturday, November 02, 2002 - 8:50 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're a hoot, Howard, and right on, unfortunately. :)
vrtu1
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 8:48 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just love it when the discussion thread gets diluted. Back on track, with reference to the hemp issue and it's neuro-protective effect.
This item may not address that area specifically but the U.S. Court of Appeals Judge did rule appropriately---for humanity,for the physician-patient relationship, for restoring some integrity to our judicial system, and for putting overzealous special interest minorities in their place.

http://www.mapinc.org/tlcnews/v02/n2019/a06.htm?155
vrtu1
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 9:06 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've never tried Marijuana--wish I had. Weed has been used in medicine all over the world and in this country.

Keep in mind though (I've posted this before) that there are different species of marijuana. Hemp plants high in CBD's actually counter the effects of Marijuana plants high in THC. It's the plants high in CBD's that help prevent glutamate neurotoxicity.

Time did a piece on MJ also:
http://www.mapinc.org/tlcnews/v02/n1995/a07.htm?155

His paragraph about the pharmaceutical interests being behind the ban on marijuana is probably right on target, although he downplays it.
vrtu1
Posted on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 4:35 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Visit this website, read her message, especially the last half. She asks why and so do I.

http://home.cfl.rr.com/jjames3/drug_history.html
vrtu1
Posted on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 6:01 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I seem to have a lot to say on this subject not about serial killers per se but about the right/wrong behavior areas of the mind. I just hope someone is reading this besides web reviewers.

My daughter came home from school yesterday crying that three times during the day a
friend(!) of hers placed both hands on my daughter's shoulders and put her whole weight on my daughter's frame. Even though other friends said my daughter screamed loud enough that the whole fifth grade could hear, the child could not control her behavior and stop the activity. I caught the Simpson's cartoon episode where one character says "Guess you won't be swimming this summer" then he hits a child in the arm who says "you broke my arm" and the character goes "cuz your arm will be in a cast." Another commercial with the Mario Brothers characters at a teen party stated that a party wasn't a party unless something gets broken. I just love how the 'entertainment' industry is making light of this issue and is sanctioning wrong behavior as the norm. Dolly Parton's song "Hello, God. Are you out there?" goes on to say that we are becoming so violent and are making a mockery of free will. Unasuming consumers are not to blame, but purveyors of exctitoxins are the ones making the mockery of free will.
As to the question, can we medicate ourselves out of this? Selective Seratonin Re-Uptake Inhibitors like Zoloft, Prozac, Paxil, Luvox, etc.
modify behavior for awhile then become toxins themselves. Do searches on these drugs. One site www.breggin.com/brain-disablingch1.html points out that the brain does not welcome these chemicals...they disrupt normal brain function without correcting brain abnormality...the brain tries to compensate with changes in neural tissue, receptors and neurotransmitter release making withdrawal difficult. This is just common sense stuff, brain responses are of an excitatory or inhibitive nature at the synapses, you can't mess with this without further unintentional responses. As for marijuana use, psychdelic species of marijuana would serve to deaden pain for terminal cancer patients that are unaware of alternative cancer therapies. Should the lesser psychadelic species be used to block glutamate?
A person can only grow so much food given our current lifestyles. If the purveyors are intent on saturating our brains and bodies with excitotoxins, what choice do we have? MJ has been shown to have far less damaging side reactions than the pharmaceuticals. Albeit, I opt for no chemical substances---but again what other choice do we have?
vrtu1
Posted on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 6:16 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I left out that one of the Colombine assasins was on Luvox according to several websites, but what the websites neglect to mention is that before the Luvox; this child was exposed to mind altering excitotoxic food additives throughout his brief lifetime.
Tom Fernstrom
Posted on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 6:46 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

vrtu1,

With regard to your posting above from November 1st, I wrote an outline for a book about a conspiracy to poison the world with MSG.

If you would like a copy of it, e-mail me and I'll send it to you.
Pat Shoffner
Posted on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 7:37 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just a short question here. Does anybody know if glucosamine chondroitin has any affect on the body? I had been taking it for four years and then my BP would go up and down - settle - then up and down and that was the only pill I was on. I went off it and things are normal again. Now my husband is experiencing the same up and down BP. I took him off of it three days ago and everything is stable again. Any answers or others that may have had the same problem ? Thanx
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 8:08 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You may have reacted to fillers, binders, or gelcaps which are often sources of glutamate.
Howard M
Posted on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 4:07 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vrtu1

I am looking at a product I bought recently. It is called "Hemp Hearts", (shelled Hemp Seeds)...and is certified and tested 0.0% THC free.

The label goes on to state: contains about 47% oil for energy and about 36% proteins. Four tablespoons Hemp Hearts (42 gm) contains enough for an adult meal on fruit, toast, salad or cereal (240 cal.) Energy is from 15gm polyunsaturated fats ( 11.2gm omega 6 & 3.6gm omega 3) 2.7 gm monounsaturated and 2.1 gm saturated.

Serving also contains 15gm protein, 2.5gm fiber, 4.5 gm carbohydrates, natural vitamins and minerals but no cholestrol.

It says: More digestible protein than meat, whole eggs, chees, human milk, cows mild or any other high protein food.

Better available protein spectrum than soybeans - without the soybean antinutritional factors.

An excellent protein product for everyone - mothers, babies, body builders, old folks (( a wee bit of advertising, here?))

Can be eaten by those unable to tolerate nuts, gluten, lactose or sugar; there are no known allergies to hemp foods.

Hemp protein reduces appetite for many hours: It is not difficult to control or lose weight while eating Hemp Hearts.

With 78% polyunsaturated fats, hemp oil exceeds soyoil @ 40%, canola @ 30%, olive oil @ 10% .

Hemp oil contains more "Omega 3 EFA components (19%) than are found in fish and in most fish-oil supplements. The ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3 EFA's in hemp oil is thought to be the best in nature for promoting cellular health. Hemp products may thus reduce inflammation, widen blood vessels and reduce the tendency for blood platelets to clot.

In improving circulation and reducing inflammation, hemp products may be particularly beneficial for diabetics.

As a rare source of GLA, hemp foods may be beneficial to those too ill to synthesize this EFA from other fats.

Contains course (!) (( Erk... A label with a spelling error... One must assume they meant "coarse")) The new sentence reads...." Contains coarse fiber and plant sterols which may reduce the risk of colon and prostate cancer."

COMPARABLE TO ORGANIC: NOTHING ADDED - NOTHING REMOVED BUT THE SHELL!

We can trace our products to their growers and can provide lab certificates guaranteeing the absence of contaminents. Watch for our clear hemp cooking oil and our roasted Hemp Heart Products...

.......And that is what the label says.

Is this the stuff to which you refer? I do not know what you meant by your reference to "CBD's" and their ability to counter high levels of THC. Am I to assume that we might be dealing with a glutamate blocker here with the simple presence of CBD's? (secondary question - what are CBD's?)and does this description of "Hemp Hearts" meet the criteria you propose?

Howie
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 2:40 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A couple hemp links:

http://www.hempoilcan.com/compo.html

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=21227
vrtu1
Posted on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 11:16 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

An explanation of differing species of marijuana and differing levels of THC and cannabinols (CBD's) can be found on page 8 at:
http://votehemp.com/PDF/myths_facts.pdf

Do searches on:
Cannabidiol-a neuroprotective cannabinoid-based therapeutic that is more potent than either tocopherol or ascorbate.

Dexanabinol-a non-psychotropic derivative of a sythetic family of tetrahydrocannabinoid analogues which plugs receptors at the entrance to the channel, has a potent anti-oxidant and anti-infamatory property which inhibits calcium influx in primary neural cells meaning it interferes with the cascade of biochemical processes. It has 3 independent mechanisms of action-it blocks glutamate induced neurotoxicity, scavenges free radicals and inhibits action of inflammatory cytokine alpha-tumor necrosis factor.

Marinol is another marijuana derivative, with neuroprotective attributes.

Visit Patients Out of Time
http://www.medicalcannabis.com

A few interesting facts:

Hemp was the largest cash crop in the world until the late 19th century.

The first drafts of the US constitution and Declaration of Independence were written on hemp paper. (Ironic isn't it? Our founding fathers utilized the one thing that might save the country, wrote documents for freedom on it and yet it is denied to us today.)

Pioneer covered wagons were covered in hemp canvas. Again this substance was at the forefront of our begininnings.
Laurie M
Posted on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 6:04 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am afraid that marijauna in its "medicinal" form is once again only covering up the symptoms of that which we should avoid anyway. I definitely applaud the uses of seeds and rope etc. However there is no excuse to take an illegal drug if you are allergic to msg. That is simply adding more toxins to your body. marijuana is a controlled substance because of the danger that people are to others when they are under the influence. If you decide to try Pot don't "forget" that you are sensitive to MSG and eat a bag of Doritos when you get the munchies. I doubt pot could cover up that reaction. Drugs are dangerous things to play with and I for one would rather not take anything at all and avoid manmade toxins.
Ruth
Posted on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 8:38 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree Laurie M.
vrtu1
Posted on Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 5:13 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My question is how do you avoid excitotoxins?
We are already taking in man made neurotoxins everyday. There are almost no unadulterated American products.

You can't avoid it---unless you are growing all of your food and not spraying any purchased fertilizers on your garden. You can't even recycle grocery store produce as compost because it has been adulterated.

Why is the pharmaceutical industry making these cannabinoid based therapeutics? The really big question is why are we being denied healthful hemp which has no psychadelic properties except for beneficial ones? What group feels threatened from a Hemp market and why?

Even if we choose not to use any of the species of MJ which are as different in their psychadelic effects as night and day, we should not deny them to others who might want them.

Enforce our societal laws against anti-social behavior by drug users don't prohibit the substance. We are spending billions on drug war policing and politics which could be going to education.

We have been lied to and fed the drug war propaganda for so long that it is hard to think out of the box. Since you are on this site you know you have been lied to concerning food safety.
The same is true concerning the MJ issue. The first step to truth is to do searches and get alternative viewpoints and information.

Someday when the neurotoxic food additives have totally compromised your system you may reconsider. You may want a God given plant that has less side effects than any synthesized drug the pharmaceutical industry can rip you off for.
Many patients need this MJ type of therapy now.

As for blocking Doritos--the mechanism of the MJ is such that it could. It plugs the receptors, meaning the receptor site prefers the MJ binding chemical and will not be displace it for glutamic acid.

Serial killers and violence are much more of a threat to us than weed.
vrtu1
Posted on Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 5:17 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

2nd to last sentence posted above should read: It plugs the receptors, meaning the receptor site prefers the MJ binding chemical and will not be displaced by glutamic acid.
S.A.
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 8:40 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It seems to me that we have several choices. We can look for drugs or medications that will mask symptoms or block glutmamate receptors. We can also keep educating people and hope that they will learn how to better clean up their diets. Many won't or can't for several personal reasons and they will be the ones to search for relief for symptoms. No one can judge their motives. But in the mean time, there needs to be an ongoing effort to educate and reach more people about what is happening to our food supply for the sake of our children and our future. Thank heaven for people like that. I hope the people here at this site and others fighting the good fight will continue their important efforts to make a difference. Many thanks for all you have done and are still doing. Debby, your book still is my kitchen bible. I do fine without any meds now, thanks to you and others here.
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 2:38 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, said, S.A.
We won't give up the fight to at least educate, share new info, and warn. Glad you use the book so much!
vrtu1
Posted on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 4:53 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Message for the day:

Whole foods restore body, mind and spirit.
Anonymous
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 9:35 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

poker casino poker 577
Anonymous
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 9:42 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

poker casino poker 889
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 3:50 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ein Schloss, Ein Wurst, Ein Kopf !bvj
Becky
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 9:43 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know that a lot of health-conscious people eat hempseeds. In fact, I have a bottle of ground hempseeds in my refrigerator. However, I am avoiding them for now because I read on a hemp product website that hempseeds contain 3869 mg of glutamate/ 100 g of hemp. That seems pretty high to me. I don't know if it's free or bound glutamate, but I am avoiding it for now...

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page