Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Son has Lyme Disease

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » Son has Lyme Disease « Previous Next »

Cheryl
Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 11:39 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I used to post here frequently about a year ago. Then my son became very ill and I didn't have much time on the computer. My son (who is 9 now) has many chemical sensitivities including MSG, mold, sulfites including all processed corn. We recently found out he has Lyme disease which causes MCS and this is might be the cause of his reactions. He has been sick for 4 years. He's currently taking antibiotics and doing some better, but has a long way to go. He may have to take antiboitics for as much as one year since he's had the disease so long. It goes into remission and then comes back when the immune system is weak since in this stage it's difficult to kill all the bacteria. He also had abnormal blood coagulation tests meaning he can't detoxify properly so that might be a factor too. He was also treated for Candida and is still taking Nystatin and probiotics.

Cheryl
MEMorrisNJ
Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 2:41 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just wanted to add to Cheryl's post that you meet the nicest people here at msgmyth.com ---
After meeting here at Deb's site and after I had my third lyme bite, Cheryl and I met each other again at one of the lyme sites and she has been so supportive despite the long and hard road that she and Ian have had to take. Ian's story is an incredible one and I am keeping him in my prayers to hope that he has better days to come very soon.
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 - 7:51 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey stacey... i just ran across this old post... hadnt realized MEMorrisNJ had Lyme before- he used to post quite a bit, maybe you can glean some useful info from some of his old postings?
just a thought :-)
Stacey
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 5:23 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you and hope you had a wonderful weekend. Today was a beautiful day. Max and I took a long walk by the river at Solomans Island. Actually MemorrisNJ screen name seems familiar to me. Wonder if he was ever on the Lyme sites...
jofo
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 5:17 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Cheryl-

This is my first post after finding this website. I found out 4 months ago that my tendonitis like symptoms, inflammation, eye problems and circulation problems that I had for almost a whole year were caused from Lyme's Disease.

I didn't suspect lymes and neither did my doctors, but my dad heard my symptoms and started to put it together that it may be just that. See, my dad had lymes for about 10 years and sadly it almost killed him (almost blind in one eye, joint probs constantly, no ability to sleep for more than 2 hours, etc. etc). Since I knew I wanted to avoid the antibiotic route because it didn't work for my dad, I went to this doctor who practices Chinese Medicine and Field Control Therapy. This was the only doctor who even took my dad seriously (instead of telling him it was all in his head like many doctors had done before) and actually healed him.

After doing the Field Control Therapy for 2 1/2 months I just went back for a visit and found out I was Lyme's free! However, due to my weakened immune system, I am now very sensitive to MSG which is why I found your post here! However, it's much better than being full of lymes so I highly advise you to check out Field Control Therapy. From the research I have done, I have only come up with 4 places in the US that do it in Wisconsin, Maine, New York, and Michigan I believe. However, it would be worth a plane trip if that's what it comes down to. I am evidence!

I wish you the best of luck and hope your son regains his health soon!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page