Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Vacation, Travel Ideas

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » Vacation, Travel Ideas « Previous Next »

Carol H
Posted on Sunday, March 17, 2002 - 7:32 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just got back from Austin Texas. What a great city! It is the hometown of the Whole Foods Company. It seems everyone shops there. The restaurants are wonderful. There are also plenty of hotels that have kitchenettes in them, and there is so much excellent music everywhere to take your mind off your MSG diet troubles. If I had any more fun, I'd be unconscious right now. We were at the South by Southwest Music Festival. It was a blast. My friends Peter and Danny teamed up with Will Sexton's drummer and bassist at the last minute yesterday and put on an amazing show. I highly recommend Austin as a destination. We did not want to come home. I also had great food, and didn't get sick. I am exhausted right now, so excuse my rambling :)
Tom Fernstrom
Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 5:33 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol H,

I just returned from a work/vacation trip to Orlando, Florida. Sorry to say, I had a few reactions to foods served at Disney & Universal Studios eateries -- even though I was careful about what I ordered. Extra doses of the CoQ10 did the trick, however to get me back on track. Stayed at the Marriot Renaissance Orlando Resort by Sea World. No trouble with their excellent entrees.
Ruth
Posted on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 8:12 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol H,

I've learned so much from you and your website. Now, after reading the above post about Austin, we are taking a second look at the college for my daughter, Leah. She has been accepted into the school and the music dept. We had pretty much ruled it out, but due to your glowing report, not to mention the fact that if you'd had any more fun, you'd be unconscious, we are putting U.T. Austin back on the list. You just never know what good stuff you'll learn from the terrific people on this website. Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page