Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Hope

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » Hope « Previous Next »

Carol H
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 5:26 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just realized something. The FASEB report which was completed in 1995 and gives us plenty of support for our position, came out several years after Dr. Schwartz's book, after Jack Samuels entered the fight, and even 3 years after I left food process engineering and wrote letters about MSG, Vitamin B6 and taurine to FDA Commissioner Kessler. Maybe those letters I wrote did not fall on deaf ears, but combined with the efforts of all those in this fight, helped somehow to convince the FDA this should be investigated. At the time it seemed futile, but maybe, just maybe, those efforts, made headway. If that is so, whatever you can do, say to others or write in letters to the FDA, your Senators, heck, the President (well, maybe the First Lady - she used to be a Democrat) might make all the difference in the world. Just don't give up.
DJ
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 6:39 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Carol,

When it was first printed that Ex President Clinton was a fellow sufferer with Rosacea, I was going to write to him and tell him what had helped me. However, after thinking it over, with all his troubles at the time, I didn't think he would care....maybe now that the waters of his troubled life have calmed......who knows?

DJ
Hoteru
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 1:43 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I posted on 01/26 concerning my MSM experience, under Other Harmful Substances on the Tree View, asking whether anyone had any information to add. I haven't heard anything this week and would appreciate people looking at that posting if they missed it, in case they have some ideas on MSM.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2002 - 3:20 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

MSM is related to DMSO, which "may cause vision problems" per the link below:

http://www.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/08/25/veterinary.medications.wmd/
Ruth
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2002 - 3:27 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My wholistic doctor just prescribed two different meds for my osteo arthritis-InflaMed and Glucosamine Sulfate. They are from Allergy Research Group. www.allergyresearchgroup.com Thanks everyone for the info and warnings on MSM and DMSO.
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 7:51 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ruth, I forgot. Are you able to drink whole organic milk at all...for calcium?
Ruth
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 10:43 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Butter is the only dairy product I eat. I don't feel quite right after eating broccoli, even organic, and I tried one of the green, leafy vegetables-kale? YUK! I am very limited as to what I can eat. I am allergic to almost everything-not an exageration. My calcium has to come from pills. I am taking 1,000 mg. of Country Life cal-mag (should take 1,500 according to one of my doctors), and I just took my first Actonel (same as Fosamax) today. My headaches are almost gone and I feel really good. Just need to cure this leaky gut, if that's possible, so I can eat a balanced diet again and have more foods to rotate.
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 1:51 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the Country Life calcium from Trader Joe's?
Ruth
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 8:16 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I buy Country Life brand at Whole Foods and have seen it in other stores. I don't have a Trader Joe's but I remember how great they were when I lived in Calif.
Ruth
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 6:30 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Uh-oh! I just found MSM in my new med for osteo arthritis-Inflamed. I'm about ready to discontinue using it anyway, as it is "spicy" and burns my mouth and throat. It contains tumeric and ginger. It's the first pill I have had trouble with taking out of the gel-cap. By the way, I had some kind of a test last Fri. to test allergic reactions to foods or medicines, or whatever you put on the machine. I was fine with everything they tested until they put an empty gelcap on the machine. The needle went sky high. No wonder just 3 gelcaps over the space of two days gave me a 5 day migraine.
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 7:37 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ruth, I just heard from a friend who was asked by her doctor to help a woman that he was unable to. He rememebered my friend and how she had told him that MSG causes inflammation(cells,tissues,joints neurons,blood vessels, etc.) He had given her every test and the only one that was way off the charts was the SEDS test, measuring inflammation. The woman would lie there and scream with pain. This friend put her on our excitotoxin restricted "diet" and she is fine now. When I read your posting, it remined me that this would be important to share. My friend is excited because this SEDS test may be a way to measure a before and after scenario for the effects of MSG/aspartame toxicity.
Hoteru
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 3:57 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Greetings to all,
I found this section, Hope, on the Tree View
when I wanted to write in and say thank you to everyone for all the information and support I find here. I still read the board every week day
morning about 5:30 before I start work. It gives me a lot of support for whatever food challenges
may come up in the day.
I still dream of things I can't eat and taste them in my dreams. Well, better that than really eating them and getting sick for days and days.
Debbie, you asked me sometime ago if I bring this up in my work with people. I frequently do. I have to be careful how I introduce it because I
already face so much skepticism, plain old fear and bizaare presumptions in new people. After they see I act pretty normal and things go along very well I intoduce the concept of excitotoxins.
I don't expect it to stick the first time they hear about it. But in advertizing they say it takes about nine times of hearing or seeing a product before people try it, I figure this introduction is the first of nine times.
Carol H
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 1:51 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Happy Holidays to everyone celebrating this week. Be strong - don't give in to eating the wrong things. Do whatever it takes - bring snacks in your pockets, say you are full and can't eat another bite - whatever it takes to be careful with your health. Four days of feeling bad is not worth the initial taste. Trust me. Be good to yourselves, you are worth taking care of :)
MEMorrisNJ
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 5:05 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thinking of all of you during this holiday season. Carol's advice is great. I also try to have a light meal before departing for the get-togethers. I find it leaves me feeling less deprived, I am much more sociable and have more power to be selective about what I do chose to eat.
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 10:42 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I loved all your comments, Hoteru, MEMorris and Carol. Thanks for sharing that about the people you work with, too, Hotero. It's always a boost to me when I read everyone's postings...in so many ways they lift me, strengthen me, and give me hope. I, too, check in here each day that I am able to...most every day, for two reasons...to help answer the questions posted and to connect to all of you...Happy Holidays, dear friends!!!May the new year bring hope and health to more people who suffer as we have, and happiness to all of you here.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page