Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Inspirational Quotes

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » Inspirational Quotes « Previous Next »

AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 09, 2011 - 6:11 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease." -Thomas Edison

"If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

"You have to look at medicine not as a scientific profession, but rather a religious profession... It has its irrational beliefs. It has its own special language. It has its tools, it has its rituals. ... The fact that they don't make us better is ignored." -Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez

"Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food." - Hippocrates

"There is no money in healthy people or dead people. The money is in sick people." - Bill Maher
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 09, 2011 - 7:27 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Those are all great!
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 7:56 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's another great one:

"When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is correct, medicine is of no need." - ancient ayurvedic proverb
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 7:58 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Litigation pushes many physicians into following elitist protocols out of fear of financial ruin. In fact, these protocols have become the "standard of care" used by the legal system. Unfortunately, doctors, like those who killed my brother, are being turned out of medical schools all over the country like robots. They repeat the mantra of collectivism as if they thought of it themselves. To this new breed of doctors, individualism and independent thought is to be discouraged and reviled. Dependence on elite leaders will be automatic." -Dr. Russell Blaylock
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 2:59 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ada, great proverb. I didn't remember reading that Dr. Blaylock felt his brother was killed by doctors. I imagine there are quite a few of us who feel that way about someone we love.
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 4:37 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got that quote from here. He tells the whole story:
http://www.cancer-healing.com/blaylock_brother.php
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 2:51 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ada, that story about Dr. Blaylock's brother is unfortunately right on the mark. I once sat in on a gathering of doctors at my brother's place and was shocked at the arrogant and condescending attitude towards patients by the doctors other than my brother. I came away from it thinking that if patients knew how a large number of doctors felt about them they would be reluctant to ever trust them again.
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 4:09 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roy, Isn't that sad. Do you think those doctors became that way at some point in their career, or were they arrogant and condescending people before they even entered medical school? What is your brother's take on this?
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 4:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ada, That was a very sad, telling article. Do you know when it was written?
sara
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 8:07 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think they take a course about 4th year of med school on how to become a total jerk and pretend you are a god.

That is when the relationship with my brother bit the dust as I got blamed for all the world ills including the Viet Nam war as he was the "god" then.

I still don't communicate with him. There is no point.
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 12:51 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sara, That is indeed sad, I'm sorry. I have met doctors that think they are 'god', but then as a patient I always move on. I've come across some really arrogant doctors and some really nice, good ones - but it takes a lot of looking to find the good ones.
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 1:26 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No doubt many are being attracted to the field for the money and power. But regardless of their initial motivation, they are learning a protocol that has been given to them by the pharmaceutical industry.

My dad was a neurosurgeon before he died from ALS. He was very gifted, and I believe that if he was alive today he would be a pioneer and expert on the subject of excitotxins.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 11:31 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My brother just tries to be a good example and patiently works around other doctors' attitudes the best he can.

Ada, I thought the article linked below was interesting:

http://www.stemcelltherapies.org/ALS/eliminate-excitotoxins.html
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 7:19 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ada, I'm so sorry about your dad. Were excitotoxins something that he was studying?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page