Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Cornstarch weed matting on organic farm

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » Cornstarch weed matting on organic farm « Previous Next »

ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 7:41 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wasnt sure where to post this and it is primarily for Kirsty and anyone else with a corn allergy/intolerance. Yesterday i visited a local organic farm. It was amazing. But one thing i spotted that i thought anyone with a corn allergy should know is that he was using a biodegradable weed matting made from cornstarch. He was laying this onto the ground to keep weeds down then planting in holes he had made in it. I instantly thought to put a quick post on here as i know some of you have issues with corn. This is an irish farm. Not sure you have the cornstarch matting in the US but thought it prudent to mention what id seen.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 3:13 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Ali...wow, what will they thing of next?...the idea is to be biodegradable, I suppose, but bad for people who can't handle corn.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 3:15 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I read a report that GMO Monsanto corn plants are falling over due to an root eating insect that has become immune to the chemical used to develop the Roundup resistant corn.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 5:44 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monsanto Corn Plant Losing Bug Resistance:

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/08/29-4

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page