Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

MSG & Aspartame Activism

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » MSG & Aspartame Activism « Previous Next »

AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 09, 2011 - 11:43 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Friends,
I have been a regular on the forums for several months now as I've been learning the sad truth about our nation's food. Last night I decided to do some activism... I made my first video outlining 5 ways that aspartame poisons our bodies and makes us gain weight. You'll find some sarcasm and satire in the video, and I hope you enjoy it!

Of course I want to create more videos talking about MSG and other issues aside from obesity.

Click here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaxyNwzhkXs

Let me know what you think. Thank you guys for all your help and support. These forums have been an invaluable resource for me.

xoxo
Ada Lovelace
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2011 - 3:35 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AdaLovelace, you are a natural! Was initially put-off by your wardrobe, but hey, that will help get someone's attention. The basic message was about weight loss/gain, do you think in the future you might shift focus toward the health dangers of FGA/Aspartame?
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2011 - 10:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Di for your feedback!

I understand what you mean about the outfit... it was originally intended to be a satire... like a social commentary about how our society is obsessed with looks at the expense of health... so I was going for a live fast/die young thing. Haha. But I think that may have gotten lost in translation! :-)

I am absolutely going to talk about other health dangers... weight gain is just the tip of the iceberg. I wanted to start with that topic though just because of the sheer insanity of the diet industry.
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 3:30 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, I can see the satire now and why you began with that topic, as dieting has a much broader audience than healthy eating. Looking forward to seeing your next video.
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 1:21 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, the reason I started with dieting is because if you tell people that something causes cancer they are less likely to care! Now when you tell them something can make them lose weight, all of a sudden they are all ears. :-)

I posted my video on a website, Reddit.com that is FULL of skeptics. You guys might be interested to read people's comments, and perhaps leave some of your own! (Basically they are calling me a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist that's polluting the world with fear, uncertainty, and doubt.)

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/comments/kbu7b/did_you_know_donald_rumsfeld_used_to_work_for/
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 1:46 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Edit: so now I just got told that rats are smarter than me, haha. This was after I mentioned that rats refuse to eat aspartame.

Reddit is a pseudo intellectual community that have their opinions and LOVE arguing them.

I suggest we shed some light on this topic!
http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/comments/kbu7b/did_you_know_donald_rumsfeld_used_to_work_for/
Tom Fernstrom
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 9:34 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ada,

Refer them to Dr. Russell Blaylock's book, "Excitotoxins-The Taste that Kills" - if that isn't enough of a scientific support for your video, I don't know what is.

Keep up the good work - us oldsters here, although lucky to be alive from our finding the truth about excitotoxins, are getting lax in fighting for the cause. And you've proven there are new ways to get peoples' attention. It may be a better avenue than what we've tried for years. :-)
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 12, 2011 - 5:20 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You know, I think any venue or strategy that stirs interest and gets people talking about this is a good thing. I find that the majority of people I talk to about it don't have a clue, but at least I've planted a seed... Ada, keep on planting.
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 12, 2011 - 11:55 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom & Di,
THANK YOU!! I appreciate the encouragement. I think people are sick of hearing about MSG. Many will just roll their eyes and say "that's been around for ages, and the FDA says it's safe."

I'm going to make a video about MSG, and hopefully I can get people talking again. To be honest, NO ONE seems to be concerned about it in the world that I live in!!

If anyone has any suggestions or compelling evidence with a bit of shock value, feel free to post it here and I'll include it in my video. E.g. the study where 7 infant monkeys were fed aspartame and 1 died while 5 had grand mal seizures... stuff like that. I think that will get people's attention.
<3

If you have a Youtube account, you can subscribe to my channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdaLadyLovelace

Thanks again. <3
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 12, 2011 - 3:37 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything the FDA (Fraud and Deception Administration) says is safe, I avoid.
Tom Fernstrom
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 8:46 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ada,

The buzz today is kids with autism. Of course many here believe autism has increased so dramatically in the world due to the ingestion of MSG in all its hidden forms from hydrolyzed proteins in baby food to Auxigro sprayed on our fruits and vegetables.

If only we could make some of the famous people who have autistic children aware of the connection - this would take off like crazy.

http://www.autismepicenter.com/famous-people-with-autism.shtml

A good source of more information on autism is our very own Carol Hoernlein, P.E., Founder - www.MSGTruth.org

And of course the other buzz is overweight America - Michelle Obama needs to wake up to how MSG plays into that problem. Again Carol is a great reference source on that topic.

There's a couple of things to put your creative mind around. Good luck! :-)
Tom Fernstrom
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 8:52 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ada,

I forgot to mention that in your video about aspartame, you show a picture of a packet of Sweet N Low. That contans sacharin, not aspartame. :-(
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 9:33 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Love the video Ada!! Cant wait to see the next one. Posted it on my facebook, so hopefully a few more will see it there and repost.
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 11:22 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks again guys! Autism is a popular topic, and I'm prepared to get DESTROYED when I attempt to make that connection. But I'm calling my movement "Love Action," so I can always remember that first and foremost everything I do comes from a place of love. Right now I'm working on a basic introduction to MSG and what free glutamate does to the brain...
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 12:24 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And Tom... I figured that out about Sweet'N Low. I put a note in the video to clarify that Sweet'N Low is a different dangerous sweetener. ;) Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaxyNwzhkXs
Tom Fernstrom
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 8:55 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ada,

Great video editing on the fly about the Sweet 'N Low - I'm impressed. :-)

Well if it's going to be all about "Love Action", let's think about those people here going through years of depression as they suffer through unexplained symptom after symptom. What do you think that does to your "Love Action"? Since my MSG symptom was A-fib to the point of cardiac complications such as Congested Heart Failure, what kind of "Love Action" do you think MSG left me with? It wasn't until I realized that MSG was causing my problems that I could explain my total lack of "Love Action" for all the years I suffered. Even now the legacy of those lost years affect my life. Explain it to my wife. Can we sufferers ever truly recover from the damage MSG causes to our health and our psyche?
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 16, 2011 - 11:59 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom, I think all we ever have is the moment, the here and now. Of course I am angry too. My dad died from ALS, a disease linked to these poisons. I call the movement Love Action because MSG is a product of fear and greed. We have to bring some light into the world. This quote is very inspirational to me:
"Don't fight the darkness. Bright in the light and the darkness will disappear."

I have no interest in 'fighting' the corporations that make this poison and very little interest in trying to persuade the government to do anything about it. I think I could fight myself into unconsciousness. I want to lovingly tell the world about excitotoxins and see what happens... maybe some people will wake up... we'll see. :-)
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2011 - 10:52 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Ada, for posting your educational video. A friend of mine lost his father to ALS. Anything that can teach the most suseptible to avoid toxins like MSG and aspartame is much appreciated.

http://www.alsa.org/research/about-als-research/glutamate.html
Tom Fernstrom
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2011 - 12:46 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ada,

Please don't feel like I/we are dumping off the responsibility of informing people about the hazards of these Excitotoxins on your shoulders. It's just that you have the talent and ability to take the crusade in a unique and different direction. For those of us who have tried to take on the industry in the past, it is a refreshing approach that might prove better than the desperate efforts of the past. :-)
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2011 - 2:47 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.naturalnews.com/020550.html

quote:

Mike: Have you taken a lot of heat from NutraSweet or any of these other companies? I mean, have you been threatened with lawsuits or anything for going public with this information?

Dr. Blaylock: No, they leave me alone. I know too much. They've never bothered me. When I wrote the book, George Schwartz warned me, "Are you sure you want to write this book? If you do, they're just going to hound you to death." I said, "Yes, I want to write the book." So, I wrote it with one thing in mind: that they would not be able to refute it.

I researched every kind of way you can research and proved the toxicity of glutamate. They know I know that, because I had exchanged this in writing letters to some of their biggest defenders. They all realized that they couldn't answer my arguments. So they leave me alone. They're afraid that if it comes to a big standoff between me and them, they're going to lose.

How can we set up a big standoff between Dr. Blaylock and the MSG industry?
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2011 - 11:07 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's OK Tom, I've already put "the responsibility of informing people about the hazards of these excitotoxins" on my own shoulders, haha. I'm working on my MSG video now. I plan on paraphrasing Dr. Blaylock's description of what free glutamate does to the brain. I think people might be curious to hear that glutamate blockers are what's in their meds that make them feel better... ;)
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2011 - 5:17 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ada, great point, you are an inspiration.
mrbill0626
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 4:57 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AdaLovelace

The video you posted above does not work. It asks me to sign in. Sign in with what?

Bill
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 3:56 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Bill!
I actually made it private because I thought I could have done a better job.
Thanks for your interest.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page