Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Trusted Products.

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » Trusted Products. « Previous Next »

ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 9:10 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone, i just wanted to say that i have learned a valuable lesson over the last few months, and had a most recent reminder the last 24 hours. Just because a product is safe once dont assume it is safe the next time you buy it. Read that ingredients list EVERY time! Ive just fallen prey to asparic acid in bread. I have used the same trusted local bread for 6 months without any problems. For the last two days ive been aware that something was sneaking into my food as i have seen a return of familiar symptoms i havent had for a while. Mainly head pressure, neck pain and a generally grumpiness. Ive just been through my cupboard and found that my bread now has a new ingredient, aspartic acid.

Maybe most of you already check your labels everytime. Im relatively new to this. Just thought id post this as a reminder.
Ali
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2010 - 5:30 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ali, I think we all get busy in our lives and don't recheck the label each and every time we pick up an old favorite. I know I don't, and sometimes pay for it. Vigilance really needs to be ongoing, unfortunately.
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2010 - 6:05 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very true Di. Its just so frustrating when recipes get changed. Especially when my little one has to pay for my lack of vigilance. She slept only three hours last night and has only just gone to sleep at 1pm today. Bless her. Ali
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2010 - 10:30 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

But your little one is very blessed to have a mom like you to look after and teach her. Think of all the suffering children whose parents are unaware of what they are feeding them.
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2010 - 11:24 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know deb. You dont have to look far to see kids locally suffering with ADD and ADHD.Its just heartbreaking and scary. In Holland i found people very receptive and understanding when i had problems with my eldest son not similar to the problems im having with Isla now 13 years later. But here in Ireland it falls on deaf ears. They just dont seem to get it. But if anyone asks I explain the best i can. If it makes a difference to just one child..... i also give out the address to this site and msgtruth.org. Ali

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page