Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Bento- taking lunches with style

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » Bento- taking lunches with style « Previous Next »

kristy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 11:55 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone, I have been doing a lot of reading about different cooking styles and cuisines and came across an incredible site. Bento boxes are Japanese style lunch boxes that are packed with beauty, taste, and creativity. I believe Sarab was asking about getting kids to embrace this new way of eating. I think the idea behind Bentos could be used to interest kids (and make all the other kids envious of their lunches) as well as add a little zing to foods that we need to take when traveling or working. Go to this site and see if it doesn't inspire you: http://www.aibento.net/
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 10:45 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the link, Kristy. My grandkids would love some fun foods like those. I think I will try cutting some melon like those shown. Wonder is a cookie cutter would work. Kids love colorful foods and interesting shapes.
kristy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 12:36 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb, You should see some of the bento boxes that they sell. I think I will have to work on getting each member of the family one so we can take our food along with us. The shape cutters, condiment holders, and other accessories are another entire industry. There is even a book at Amazon that showcases some really artistic bento.
EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 03, 2009 - 12:44 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the link, I love the little condiment holders! I really need to get a few containers to hold salad dressings for on the go. Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page