Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

The Food Pyramid is a Crock

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » The Food Pyramid is a Crock « Previous Next »

Jennifer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 12:24 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I never really paid much attention to it. I just tend to eat whatever (and whenever) I want. Let's take a look at what it says:

6-11 servings of grains (3-6.5 cups of rice/pasta) maybe I eat 2 cups, but usually it's more like 3/4 cup

3-5 servings of vegetables (1.5-2.5 cups of veggies) I usually eat 1.0 - 1.5 cups

2-4 servings of fruit (1-2 cups of fruits) that's probably about right - an orange and banana usually every day

2-3 servings of dairy (2-3cups of milk) WOW. I go through the milk, but only maybe 1.5 cup per day. And what's up with 1.5oz of natural cheese, or 2oz of processed cheese? They're saying it's good to eat MORE msg I mean processed cheese?

2-3 servings (4-9 oz. of meat) I easily can eat that, and then some, but it probably averages over a week to 4oz per day

The minimum food I must eat to be healthy:
3 cups of grains
1.5 cups of veggies
1 cup of fruits
2 cups of milk
4 oz. of meat

Looks like I'm doomed to poor health and will waste away to nothing because I'm not getting enough grains or dairy, and am barely enough veggies. I'm 5'4" and weigh around 117lbs. I used to weigh nearly 140, when I ate SAD food. No I'm not hungry all the time.

Can anyone say diabetes/metabolic syndrome/obesity?

Jennifer
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 8:47 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Excellent observation, Jennifer. The pyramid changes all the time. And just who determines the amounts?...the dairy council?
Jennifer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 9:31 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Or perhaps it's determined by whoever's responsible for the corn subsidies. I'd like to get rid of the subsidies altogether, but an alternative acceptable to me would simply give a subsidy based on size and location of the farm, and the farmer gets to choose whatever he wants to grow. An additional subsidy for organic would be a good thing.

It just occurred to me, without corn, we wouldn't have cheap cows, so I guess dairy/grains are really the same thing.

That is a good question though - the FDA defines the amounts, right? The FDA is nothing more than big business. Some would use the term lap dog, but perhaps rabid Rottweiler on a leash is more descriptive.

I could cut out the grains altogether and eat the rest of the recommended foods and still get enough calories. They're insisting for people to eat too much? Or is this just a reflection of nation's perceived notion of what's a "normal" amount, what with being hungry all the time due to the effects of MSG?

Jennifer
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 8:24 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Beware of the Federal Death Administration.

The FDA Exposed: An Interview With Dr. David Graham
http://www.naturalnews.com/z011401.html

The FDA (Federal Death Administration) doesn't work for you. They work for poison drug companies. The idea is to make money. The correct dose of a drug is the amount that makes the most money. Too high a dose and you die and they have difficulty making money out of dead people. Too low a dose and you recover and they have difficulty making money out of healthy people. Somewhere between these two extremes is the dose that makes the most money. They want you to live as long as possible but in a state of sickness. They call what they do to you 'treatment' but it really should be called 'torture'. The Medical Industry is in the torture business. It's really quite amazing that people willingly pay huge amounts of money to be tortured. And the people who do the torturing are elevated to the status of superior beings; M.D. stands for 'Medical Deity'.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 12:11 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jerry, everyone should read that interview. If we could only convince more people that the FDA does not take responsibility for our health, they might be more receptive to the idea that MSG is unsafe. But people are convinced that if it were dangerous, then it would not be on supermarket shelves. What a joke, considering all the dangerous drugs the FDA allows on the market.
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 1:08 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

FDA never approves anything good. Everything FDA approves is bad. When FDA approves veggies, that's when I'm gonna quit eating veggies.
Becky
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 10:31 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jennifer, you sound just like me! I am 5'4" small to medium frame - I weighed 141 lbs. at my heaviest and now I weigh 112 lbs. I eat enough food, but am satisfied much faster now - and generally have no desire to snack. If I do, a piece of fruit or something healthy does the trick. Heck, I've even been splurging lately on all kinds of treats because of Valentine's Day and I haven't gained anything! No MSG is the best diet there is! :-) (If it hasn't already messed up your thyroid too badly!) But yes, I think there are way too many "servings" on the food pyramid! Everyone was probably lobbying to get their 3-a-day or whatever on there!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page