Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

FMS, CFS, MCS, MSG Sensitivity

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » FMS, CFS, MCS, MSG Sensitivity « Previous Next »

Author Message
Anonymous
 
Posted From: 69.50.39.218
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 8:01 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity and MSG Sensitivity all have a common connection. Usually if one has FMS they also have CFS, MCS and MSG Sensitivity. They all overlap. Most people who are MSG sensitive are also sensitive to other things as well such as fragrances, household cleaners (among other things)and probably have been diagnosed with a truckload of unrelated illnesses due to the various body systems involved, the doctors give you more meds to cover the symptoms, then you just get sicker...It's a vicious circle and it's called MCS Multiple Chemical Sensitivity. My husband & I both have MCS, FMS, CFS & MSG Sensitivity.. We both live in a controlled environment due to the sensitivities. MSG sensitivity is only the tip of the iceberg ya'll.. It can get worse believe me!! My husband is permanently disabled due to the MCS and is unable to take but a few medications for any reason as they are toxic to him. The food we eat is all organic. National Jewish Hospital & Research Center in Denver, Colorado is where you go to get the CORRECT diagnosis and salvage what's left of your health. There is no cure, just avoidance of all chemicals and MSG. Borax, baking soda, vinegar, virgin coconut oil, homemade soap and truly cooking from scratch (nothing from a can, box, pouch or anything prepared) becomes your holy trinity of survival, staying healthy and non toxic.
jjmartin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 3:16 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is so strange that I was thinking this morning about starting a post on this very topic, but now I will add to what Anonymous has written. I wanted to warn all of you avoiding MSG to also look to household chemicals you may be using, as well as food. I have been blaming and eliminating from my diet some blameless foods because I was not making the connection between some of my headaches that were actually caused by household chemicals. So far since I have been aware, I have suffered headaches from Dawn detergent, Goo Gone (a label and tar remover) that I used almost daily, and just a few days ago from Bounce fabric softener vapors. It has been years since I have eaten apples because they had been blamed for a headache years ago, since I have made the household chemical connection I have been eating apples daily, and that is but one example. I still react to many foods, and am extremely cautious of my diet and avoiding MSG. I urge all of you here on the NOMSG board that on your headache days when you do your food journals also recall any household or industrial chemicals you may have been exposed to and don't overlook that connection as I had for the past almost 10 years. As Anonymous pointed out these common household laundry and cleaning products are lethal
Anonymous
 
Posted From: 69.50.39.218
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 6:15 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not only do you look at household cleaners but also you must avoid perfumes, cologne, scented laundry detergent, dryer sheets, air fresheners (actually air poisoners), scented or chemical personal care products such as shampoo, conditioner, soap, body wash, shaving cream, body lotion, hand sanitizers, anything antibacterial, anything with DEET in repellants (USE NEEM INSTEAD), if your personal care products are scented be sure that they are scented with essential oils (PURE NOT SYNTHETIC), any beef, chicken or pork fed GMO grains, treated with antibiotics, steroids and hormones. The same goes for veggies, sppices & herbs. Make sure they are organically grown with NO pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers. This sounds like alot but it's your health. Right now there are about 2.5 million people with MCS and other overlapping illnesses and were disabled by their family physicians due to not listening to their patients about their symptoms, prescribing more medications to cover symptoms instead of finding the cause. For more info on this illness please visit these websites:

www.chemicalinjury.net
www.mcsrr.org
www.ciin.org
http://www.mcs-america.org/index_files/MCS.htm

MSG is a man made chemical and a reaction is caused by POISONING!!! I cannot begin to stress to you how dangerous this stuff is. My husband cannot even have anything like tomatoes that contain MSG naturally or he has near fatal reactions. The last exposure caused a mild stroke and did do some brain damage. It's something to think about.

I am not saying MSG causes MCS but it can. From what we understand the reason why people start reacting to MSG is because either their bodies are toxic and cannot break it down, hence the poisoning or it is consumed so much in massive doses that people become sensitive to it. Then there is the genetic factor. It may be due to the fact of altered or damaged genes from the repeated toxic exposures.
Zoomer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 1:10 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is no medical condition better suited for alternative therapies than Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, which I believe is a reaction to accumulated toxic overload. I would recommend every possible detox method available: liver flush, colon cleanse, bentonite clay, active oxygen, bowel cleanse, raw food diets, chlorella detox, heavy metal detox, etc. (look in curezone for more details). I would also recommend pure MSM (Methyl Sulfonyl Methane) powder. I took 5 - 10 grams/day for almost a year and now my allergy level is down by 99% (though not my MSG problems).
prg
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 3:27 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have chemical sensitivities too--inhalants mostly like fragrances, stuff that offgasses from paints, volatile solvents or pretty much volatile anything, the stuff they treat fabric with (if I want to shop at the mall I have to take an antihistamine and prednisone! needless to day I don't shop much)--formaldehyde of course. Air fresheners, the scents they put in candles. It could be a lot worse though. Mostly only scents and volatiles, I can still use unscented soaps and detergents and such.

Oh, and forget even walking into a salon where they do perms or artificial nails!

Anyway, a lot of people act like I'm crazy or overreacting or something, but this stuff really makes me ill. It could be worse of course, I don't end up in the hospital and if I get into fresh air I recover fast. Anyway, it's nice to hear from other people with this problem--I knew it wasn't all in my head, but I sure get tired of people acting as if it were.
Zoomer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 10:33 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Of course it is a real "bodily" problem. However, I think that for many MCS people the problem is aggravated by the emotional fear of the reaction. I have not explored this path at all but I would guess that spiritual methods such as mindfulness therapy, cognitive therapy, acupuncture, and homeopathy could help.
Anonymous
 
Posted From: 69.50.39.218
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 8:05 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, most doctors will not diagnose you with MCS because most doctors do not believe it exists, there is nothing that can be done with it anyway and insurance companies will not pay for it. Most people diagnosed with MCS have lost their health insurance due to the insurance companies dropping them. It has been my experience that you have to doctor yourself because the so-called "MCS specialist doctors" can actually make you sicker and they take cash only and don't care how you get the cash. Even if it means selling everything you own even your home.

Most doctors that have dealt with MCS in the past no longer call it that or diagnose it as that. It's diagnosed as something else and they try to treat you the best they can without drugs. Alot of the treatment is getting enough good quality sleep, cognitive therapy and other various techniques. Sleep studies are frequently ordered to see if the patient has sleep apnea or some thing. Most people with MCS have sleep apnea or another kind of sleep disorder and do not get enough good quality sleep. Not blaming sleep disorders for this but it has been found that it is a big part of it.

Add Your Message Here
Post:
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page