Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Easter Ideas

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » Easter Ideas « Previous Next »

Bonnie M.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 8:11 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is what I'm planning to do for Easter for my kids. I did a simular version when they were a lot younger I'm just making it more challanging now.
I'm making up baskets for each of the kids with noncandy items. I bought them each a Webkins, a bathing suit, sunglasses and other little game things. My daughter is so much easier to get things for.
Anyway, we are going to a wooded area by our house and hide them.
Before hand I will make a map for them to follow to find their baskets. Then I will rip or cut the map into pieces and put the pieces into those plastic eggs. I will also put a few coins in some. I will go and hide all the plastic eggs and the baskets and my Husband will bring the kids after I have everything hidden.
I think it is posible for the kids to have fun at Easter without all the candy.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 10:39 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bonnie, That sounds like so much fun - can I come?
Bonnie M.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 2:26 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sure Dianne, what time will you be here?
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 9:37 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bonnie, that's a great idea! I think I will do the same thing for my grandkids. Instead of baskets, I'll have one big item they can all enjoy...a game or something and dessert, since they will be eating with us Sunday. But I'll first hide eggs with map sections like you suggest. Thanks for sharing that. We do holidays pretty simply since cooking everything from scratch can be daunting if one of us does it for all. So each family brings a favorite dish to share or we will assign certain things. Makes it so nice that way. I'm making scalloped potatoes, a turkey and cake. The rest of the gang are filling in the gaps. Someone is bringing pork chops instead of ham. Yum!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page