Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Thank goodness

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » Thank goodness « Previous Next »

Bonnie M.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 12:58 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...and Deb too, for having this wonderful site.
I have taken all the things out of Conor's diet that he has reactions to. (including MSG)
It's been just over a week now.
I was starting to think it wasn't working with his behaviour.
Yesterday I noticed he was talking politely and with patience, he wasn't fighting and constantly bugging his brother and sister and he didn't have that "frantic energy" that he seams to have constantly. We had a very nice day yesterday.
I hope this is a sign of things to come.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 6:44 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bonnie

That's absolutely wonderful! And I'm so glad you came back and let us know. Your post would be well suited to go under "Share your MSG Story/Recovery" which Deb set up so that it would be an easy reference for others looking for positive results to find quickly and easily.

Anyway, back to your son....how does he feel about being on this new way of eating? Does he notice a positive change in his thoughts or behavior?
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 7:35 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bonnie, thanks for brightening our day. It's so good to hear about your son.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 9:02 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bonnie and Dianne. I just copied and pasted Bonnie's entry about her son on our new topic, as Dianne suggested. If anyone reads a story like Bonnie's anywhere on this board, please copy and past it under the topic: "Share Your MSG Story/recovery". These shared experiences are the light at the end of a very dark tunnel for many people searching for answers to their own health problems. They can relate and make the connection to MSG in many cases, if not most. Thanks for sharing that, Bonnie. Keep us posted, please.:-)
Bonnie M.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 11:57 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for moving this Deb. I wasn't sure if I should put it there or not.

Dianne, he says he doesnt' really notice a difference but I think he really does. He's not fighting me and he's very good at just eating the foods he's aloud.
I was shopping on the weekend with him and his little brother and I asked if they wanted to get something to eat from the food court(I completely forgot about the no MSG and other additives) Conor said, "no Mom I don't think there will be anything there that I can eat"
I was so proud of him.
On Sunday my Mother in law came over and I noticed her going downstairs where the kids were with 3 full sized Aero bars. I said to her "where are you going with those?" she said to give to the kids. I told her no that they couldn't have them. She brought them back and gave them to me to give to them later. I threw them out when she left. I have a really hard time standing up to her, so this was really big for me.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 12:17 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bonnie,

You must be a wonderful, concerned and loving mother. And although I'm sure it wasn't easy to say "no..." to your mother-in-law, it was the right thing to do. That is amazing that Conor even reminded you about the food court food being off limits. He must have a lot of respect for you and your decisions. Sounds like you and Conor are on your way to better health and relations. Kudos to you.
patrick
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 6:35 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bonnie, my father gives me grief about what my kids can eat, but I don't care. I know what's best for them. Keep it up, it does get easier!!

Patrick
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 2:29 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Believe me, Bonnie, your kids will be forever grateful to you for standing your ground. Way to go!
LaurenC
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 5:03 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I love hearing about people who are teaching their kids to eat properly. I'm sure it's difficult on many levels, so kudo's to you all! A coworker's grandson came home from school and complained that all they were serving was low fat milk. The mother told him to demand whole milk from now on :0).

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page