Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

New Safe Lipstick Parabens-Free

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » New Safe Lipstick Parabens-Free « Previous Next »

Judith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 5:42 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After months of searching on and off, I have found a safe lipstick that is also parabens-free. This was a monumental search, I might add! The brand is called Peacekeeper Cause-metics and here are the ingredients:

Beeswax, Carnauba Wax, Candelilla Wax, Shea Butter, Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Tocopherol. May Contain (+/-): Mica, Carmine, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines.

I found it online originally but now my health food store carries it. It's hard to argue with the company's story because the founder gives all after tax profits to women's causes in health and human rights issues in war-torn countries. At the same time, she decided to formulate cosmetics that won't kill us. Merry Christmas (put at least two shades in your stocking for good behavior).
http://www.iamapeacekeeper.com/?
Becky
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 8:15 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looks good. Thanks for sharing!
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 3:14 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Judith, At first I was skeptical, but after reading everything on the website I am impressed. Thanks.
Judith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 9:01 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It seems like such a little thing, but when you give up so much, is it asking so much to still be able to use lipstick? It makes a lot of sense when we are removing the MSG-related poisons that we eliminate the strongly suspected cancer-causing agents as well, if we can. I used to use Almay lipstick but the ingredient list gets worse with every reformulation. The cosmetics and toiletries companies seem perfectly content to change their product ingredients every few months. Hopefully this lipstick will stay just as it is. Maybe we have to give up Doritos but at least we can still look pretty doing so!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page