Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Does this man have the answers

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » Does this man have the answers « Previous Next »

anonymous
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 4:07 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all, I'm very new to this site, but an old hand at illness. I have been really ill this past few months, and in all my efforts to track down the culprit, found this site. However, even with the msg free diet etc, I'm still having problems, though I certainly believe MSG and glutamates were a huge factor in making me sick to start with.
However, I was diagnosed with hiatus hernia years ago, and my symptoms now are all indicating that this is what is causing me problems again.
I found these articles by this man, and found it fascinating that he says people with hiatus hernia must avoid MSG and aspartame at all costs. But what I find interesting is that maybe the hiatus hernia makes us more sensitive to these things, and maybe explains why some people "seem" to have no problems..not discounting the long term effects.
I just wondered what percentage of us on this site have hiatus hernias.. he says it makes no difference the size of it, even small ones cause the same problems.
This might be nothing new to everyone on here, but for me the connection, and his articles seemed to "click" in my mind. Also, when describing the symptoms and reactions, he described me to a T.
THis is his website for those interested. And it is the 3rd article that connects hiatus hernia and msg sensitivity, as well as multiple chemical sensitivity. I haven't delved into all his research yet, but what he says seems to match so much of the information on this site too.
I'd love to hear what you all think? Unawares, I'd been eating a lot of food that had msg in it, and I have also been having a heap of trouble with reflux and the hiatus hernia, not realising just how this is perhaps connected. The chicken or the egg cliche again.

http://www.wellatlast.com/articles.html#Hiatal

A Missing Link To Chronic Illness, Allergies and Longevity?: Vagus Nerve Imbalance/Hiatal Hernia Syndrome
Regards Lindy
Anonymous

Posted From: 99.243.81.13
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 3:49 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I, too, have just discovered this man and his work. I have also known about the hiatal hernia connection and have been wondering the same things as you - if there is a vulnernability equation involved with h.h./msg reactivity. I just received his book but haven't had a chance yet to read it. I will report my findings after I have had a chance to do what he suggests.
MEMorrisNJ
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 5:10 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Many people have a problem with the ubiquitous food additive MSG (Monosodium Glutamate). Cysteine, glutamine, glutamic acid and aspartic acid may be contraindicated for those with MSG sensitivity." http://www.wellatlast.com/articles.html#Hiatal

My doctor told me that most people over 55 will have a hiatal hernia of varying degrees --- for whatever his opinion is worth.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page