|Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 10:29 am: || |
I was suffering from MALS food chemical allergy, as described by Dr. Walsh in his Food Allergy book. MALS=MSG, acidic foods, low calorie sweetener, and sugar. I did not even tolerate naturally occurring msg, which means I couldn't eat potatoes, tomatoes, cheese, beans or corn. I couldn't eat acidic fruits like strawberries, citrus, the list went on and on. Thanks heavens that Dr. Walsh wrote the book because it saved my health, I was sick every single day until I discovered what was wrong with me. But I was also unhappy being on such a severely restricted diet.
Then two years ago I moved. I had the idea in the back of my mind that there was a slight possibility that moving might help me. My old house was very old, had a musty, damp basement, and was full of dust no matter how often it was cleaned. Dr. Walsh mentions musty basements in the book as being a problem, contributing to the overall load that the immune system has to carry.
Anyway, moving cured me, for the most part. I can eat whatever I want most of the time, although I still avoid the food-additive variety of msg. as much as possible (and as all of you know it's very difficult to avoid). Last fall during mold allergy season I broke out in hives after eating citrus, other than that I've been fine for two years now.
So anyone who has or suspects that they have MALS should consider moving; at the very least go away from home for a few days and see if you tolerate the foods that you can't eat at home. I might have figured out sooner that my old house was making me sick, but I avoided travelling because of the difficulty of eating on the road.
|Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 5:01 pm: || |
Consider buying a dehumidifier first. Moving is a bit drastic.
|Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 3:19 am: || |
Good for you, Pamela, for tuning in to the fact that you needed to move. As a general rule, anyone suffering from protracted dis-ease should also investigate the possibility of geopathic stress and proximity to electrical towers or cell phone towers as other stressors which may possibly be contributing to their ill health.
Sleeping better or feeling better while sleeping outside of the home is a real clue that something in the house is making you sick. One needs to investigate all the possibilities. A mouldy basement is a huge stressor for sure and if one can't remedy the problem, moving is the only solution.
|Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 3:35 pm: || |
Or mold in walls....pipes leak sometimes, and so does the roof.