Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

The "Clean" Spin on "Natural Flavor E...

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » The "Clean" Spin on "Natural Flavor Enhancer" « Previous Next »

Judith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 8:58 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.kikkomanusa.com/_pages/manufacturer/products/nfe.asp?loc=103&subsection=products&subsection2=nfe

Sorry, only bad words are coming to mind to describe this. It's nothing new, it just still really ticks me off, even if they're being honest while they're being deceptive.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 4:52 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"clean label" What an irritatingly benign description for what it really means: loaded with glutamate,and the public will never know that it's the same stuff as MSG, basically...even more glutamate present....so they'll buy it even if they avoid MSG on a label.
Becky
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 9:26 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Grrr... I agree with you. Only bad words coming to mind.
Lisa Marie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 3:30 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh my gosh, any of those grannules would give me an instant heart attack. I am getting more and more reations lately. I don't know what is going on, by I have gotten poisoned two evenings in a row, and I did not eat anything new in my diet. All I can think is that it is affecting even more fresh fruits and veggies and labels are becoming more deceitful. Even the ones with only 3 or 4 ingredients listed.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 3:21 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lisa Marie, when that happens to me, I start a food journal..recording EVERYTHING I ingest that day. I also record how I feel each morning and night on the same page. If I react again, I go back a day or two and circle anything I suspect. I avoid those items and see how I feel...introducing one back at a time to find the culprit.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page