Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

MYSPACE for Monosodium Glutamate

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » MYSPACE for Monosodium Glutamate « Previous Next »

Lisa Marie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 3:21 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Deb,
Don't know if you followed my suggestion to Bill S to put some MSG interviews on You Tube? I couldn't even do that with Bill's directions, not savy enough. Hoping someone else will do this!
I also think you need to have an MSG myspace. But call it something which would peak people's interests, because not nearly enough people would understand MSG myth. You would have to get a myspace (only reason I have one was to follow my daughter's stuff) Call it something like How Food We Eat Harms Us or something.
I know you are swamped but could you do it? Thanks. LM msgkills
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 9:55 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Right now, as you suggest, I am swamped...but the idea is a good one. I'll certainly run it by by my husband who is the computer brain. Thanks for the suggestion. You guys are doing great things.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 4:42 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know the first thing about doing that, Lisa Marie...any tips?
Lisa Marie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 3:27 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb,
For instance, here is my page. You can see Bill's food page from my link on here. To set up a myspace account, go here and follow prompts:

http://collect.myspace.com/misc/tour_1.html
It is not hard. (to set up a page is not hard, if I can do it anyone can) When prompted to pick a name, and a URL, use one which you want to KEEP. Also, be sure to pick a name which will intrigue people-like our foods are harming us-most people do not know what msg is.
Once you get the general page set up, you can tweek it with pictures and links. It is easy to do Deb. If you have trouble, you can email me your sign in information, and I can help you set up the page with a background picture or whatever. I really think once you get your page you will be able to follow the insstructions. Do your sons or grandkids have myspace pages? The good thing about them, is when a friend goes to your page, and sees your links (and yes, you can link to msgmyth.com) those peoples friends will see your myspace page on their friends pages, and they will click it to check it out.

For instance, here is my page:
http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user&Mytoken=CAAC31E9-3651-4DE0-A28DE73556E37DBA34164310

If you scroll down to my friends, you will see Bill's The Food is Horrible Page. Then, from my page, click on his and you can click on his picture and go directly to his site.

You will also be able to post pictures and information in you picture site. And videos can even go on the front page!

Once it is set up, you don't even have to do that much. I will be glad to help you and I know Bill would also.

As for You Tube, no, I don't know how to post videos. BUT, here is the You Tube Link, and you can make an account here and post your video stuff_It can not be that hard.
http://www.youtube.com/
Just set up an account and see what you can do.

I am leaving town for a week. When back I can help answer your questions. The networking once you have the myspace page is tremendous, as one's friends click on their friends pictures, and so on.
jjmartin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 1:46 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you have to have an account of your own and sign in to view the link that you posted?. I wasn't able to view it.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 6:46 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I signed up thinking the same thing, but still couldn't view it.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 3:15 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Lisa Marie. I'll print this up here at work and give the info to Mike.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page