Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Spreading the Message

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » Spreading the Message « Previous Next »

Cherylin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 11:03 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently joined Toastmasters to improve my ability to speak in public. I did my very first speech, known as the Ice Breaker, last week in front of 30 people. I was shaky and nervous but kept focusing on the audience, thinking that maybe my story could help somebody listening who might be an unwitting victim of MSG toxicity. This helped me get through my speech. I got a standing ovation and was overwhelmed by all the accolades and positive feedback I received.

I spoke about struggling in childhood with learning disabilities and how believing myself to be inferior in the 'intelligence department' has prevented me from STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE (the title of my speech) and engaging in and embracing my own life. I talked about how my life instantly transformed the minute my limiting belief of being dumb proved to be untrue. I explained how I discovered that most of my health problems, especially related to impaired brain function, were in fact due to MSG poisoning. I described how, since my perspective shifted so dramatically, I was suddenly able to see life's possibilities vs. its impossibilities. I ended my 6-minute speech with an invitation to the audience to begin questioning the validity of their self-limiting beliefs because if they could let them go, miracles can and will happen, and the transformation could happen in a heartbeat.

Two people in the audience asked me for more information on MSG.

The founder of our group wrote me the following email:

Thank you so much Cherylin. I envy you.

I have always wanted to be a professional speaker. What stops me is that I have no message to impart.

You, on the other hand, have both a life crippling personal experience and a life freeing turnaround that people need to hear about. And now you are learning just how to communicate that all important message which, to varying degrees, we can all benefit from.

If you have ever had a desire to be a professional speaker and to share that message, which so obviously comes from the heart, I sincerely hope you will not let the dream die.

Congratulations!

Anyhow - moral of the story is to speak about this issue at every possible opportunity as you never know what rippling effect could take place as a result. I gave out this website for people to learn more and gave out the link to Mercola's piece on MSG which appeared in his newsletter the day after my speech (with a link to the Blaylock Google video).

Hopefully one day, when my speaking skills are more polished and refined, I will be able to bring this all-important information to much larger crowds of people to really make an impact. Meanwhile, it's up to us as individuals to keep educating people, one person at a time, on the truth about MSG.

Onward and upward...
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 6:45 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulations! You are fabulous, intelligent, articulate, strong and courageous. We are so lucky to have you as an advocate. I wish I could have heard your speech. Thank you so much for joining us here on the discussion board and in our mission of spreading the truth.
Cherylin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 8:22 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you, Dianne, for your kind and generous words.

It is so wonderful to have discovered this community - what a fantastic resource! Thanks to you and others here, I feel very welcome and at home. There is definitely strength in numbers and it is heartwarming to know that one can share one's feelings and experiences here without danger of judgement, ridicule or invalidation. This gives me strength to persist and persevere in whatever direction my life is meant to go in, which is still fuzzy at the moment but which will become clear as time goes on.

Since making the MSG connection, and taking the necessary precautions to avoid all sources of it, I am feeling better and better. I keep wondering just how much better I will feel in the future. I know I haven't hit the ceiling yet. I keep thinking to myself "Is this what normal feels like?" I am like a baby eager and curious to explore its environment, discovering the beauty and wonder of everything with unabashed, gleeful delight. Up until recently, I have lived my life with the 'Mute' button on.

Wow - so much to look forward to....

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page