Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Easter Chocolate

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Ideas, Suggestions, and Information » Easter Chocolate « Previous Next »

Anonymous
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 7:41 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

wanted to share that i was in wal mart yesterday getting some candy for the family gathering sunday, and i found some chocolate that i am okay with. note that it's milk chocolate (i know some of you are sensitive) and that it does contain soy lecithin:
Whitman's Organic Milk Chocolate (tiny choclate eggs):
organic sugar, organic milk powder, organic cocoa butter, organic chocolate, organic soy lecithin, organic vanilla.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 10:25 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks. May be fine for some who are not as sensitive.
Sheri N
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 6:38 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm still having a problem with chocolate or sugar or something and in my research came across an interesting website talking about sulfites in sugar.Of course they're trying to sell their sugar products but it's new info for me.
www.sugarindia.com/toxicity.htm
Lisa Marie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 3:36 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sheri,
Have you tried Lindt? The kind in the bags-there is a dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate. This is one of the only brands which does not bother me.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 5:31 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I love the Lindt '70% cocoa' dark chocolate bar. It's not all that sweet but satisfies my chocolate craving. Ingredients: chocolate, sugar, cocoa butter, vanilla.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 1:14 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, sulfites are used to bleach the sugar white. I have found a source of organic sugar at our grocery store in the bulk section. It really surprised me to see it there. The Lindt chocolate is great. I have even used the bar that Dianne mentioned in cookies...chopped up, of course.
J. Paxton
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 12:20 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had to eliminate all forms of chocolate. I even had trouble with oragnic cacao beans!
Sheri N
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 10:24 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm sorry that you can't eat any chocolate. That's a bummer. Thanks for the Lindt suggestions. There is one brand of chocolate called Blanxart that I can eat but it's not the same as a good chocolate bar. Blanxart has only cocoa, sugar and vanilla. It's kind of gritty and very expensive but if it's the only chocolate I can eat, I'll take it.But now I'll try the Lindt. Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page