Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Diabetes -Alzheimer link Theory

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » Diabetes -Alzheimer link Theory « Previous Next »

Carol H
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 5:33 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's a new story about the Diabetes - Alzheimer's link:

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2539528

They're getting warmer and warmer.........

The article links the two due to the effect of insulin on the body. What does this have to do with MSG? MSG causes an insulin spike. The crux of the whole problem.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 7:27 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

With MSG causing insulin resistance, and diabetes on the rise, an increase in the rate of Alzheimer's can't be far behind.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10984075&dopt=Abstract
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 7:47 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If we could just get a reporter to research this information and get a good story out to the press or on some news show...making the link to the excess glutamate in our food...that would be so good. Am I dreaming too much? You're right though, Carol...it feels like researchers are getting closer....but we're all just anxious to get the truth out sooner than later...when so many people are suffering. It's so frustrating...I'm just a bit depressed...lost a good friend to cancer yesterday. We've known him and his wife for years, and he believed me when I would tell them about the effects of MSG. He said they drove all the way to Alaska a few years ago, and he was sick the whole way. He was certain it was all the food they had to eat at restaurants during the trip. His wife never reacted and he would ask her why she didn't cook like we did...he wanted her to. But you know how it goes when the main cook in the family doesn't get reactions. It seems like too much work when you can open a can of soup or do take out.
Sometimes I get very impatient and discouraged. But I'll get over it!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page