Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Glutamate and ADD in the news

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » Glutamate and ADD in the news « Previous Next »

Deb A.
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 10:22 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Everyone, my husband called from work Monday to tell me that he found a news headline...but that's all it was...no sources. It stated that excessive amounts of glutamate were found in children with ADD. He was going to pursue it but forgot because he had a ton to do. Our home computer was down or I would have. The next day at work, when he tried to find it again, it was missing. He has this program that searches for any news about MSG or glutamte automatically. I just hope the glutes didn't squelch it. It's easy to be paranoid. Roy, super sleuth, can you help find it perhaps?
Carol H
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 12:06 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Found it: http://www.healthyplace.com/Communities/ADD/Site/story_brains_adhd_kids.htm
Deb A.
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 5:12 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

THANK YOU, CAROL! Love ya!!!!!
Ted
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 5:18 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roy et al

Two days ago CNN's site displayed an article about a new search engine which "clustered", or took google up one more notch, by taking "all" the pages and organising them under sub headings on the left of the page. These sub headings reflect different aspects of the search and organize many pages on the first page of the search.

Roy, you gotta see this. !!!
Ted
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 5:22 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, and the site is...

http://vivisimo.com/

This seems to be a serious new engine...
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 5:53 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They need to study the diets of the kids with ADD.
Linda S.
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 4:00 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't know if you have seen this yet..please forgive the redundancy if you have. Found this doing a Google search of "MSG and autism". (Wanted to print out some articles for my sister-in-law so she might consider putting my autistic nephew on an MSG-free diet.)
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/1/prweb100453.htm
Deb A.
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 5:09 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is excellent reading and very supportive of what we have been saying. Is this an article that has been published elsewhere other than the Web? Wish it were front page news.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 12:18 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Linda.

The ad for the book takes a while to load, but is very powerful (turn your volume on). You may have to click on one of the choices and minimize the ad after playing to see the book order form.

http://www.spofamerica.com/
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 10:06 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roy, what do you click on to get the ad? I'm having trouble getting anything but the picture of the flags draped over the tombstone.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 1:18 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A.,

The "ad" as I call it is just the "flash" introduction to the web site, complete with ominous music. Try http://www.spofamerica.com/poam.html
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 5:44 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Roy. It's a sharp looking ad. Have you ordered the book yet? I'm curious and would like to know more about the author.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 4:31 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A.,

The ad looks sharp enough, but it's the serious sounding music and voiceovers that got my attention. I haven't ordered the book yet, but the author sounds committed to fighting the plague of MSG in particular.

http://www.laleva.org/eng/2004/03/autism_and_adhd_linked_to_addictive_food_additive.html
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 9:50 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, the music background is perfect. It sure is exciting right now, isn't it? If you do a search on glutamate in the news, there are so many headlines about disease and glutamate and even MSG. I hope it keeps snowballing!
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 10:09 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just heard from Jack Samuels concerning the book, The Slow Poisoning of America. Here is what he said:

"Deb,
Thanks. I have seen this before, and I believe that John Erb has E-mailed me in the past. Unfortunately, I do not think that John Erb is a scientist. Therefore, it is questionable that he will be listened to even athough he is correct in his thinking.

Jack Samuels"
We can only hope that people will listen. We do need someone with a scientific degree (especially, food science) to write a book...hmmmm, who would that be????? HaHah...sorry I keep buggin' ya, Carol! I know how busy life keeps us. It took me 1 1/2 years of constant work to complete my book, and I still keep tweaking it. I'd really like to make some time to update it soon....but life's demands!
Carol H
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 10:58 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

O.K. Deb, I'll do it! :)
Deb A.
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 8:39 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yippee! Love you, Carol!
Tanya Collier-Washington
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 9:30 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've read the book "The Slow Poisoning of America". It's an excellent read. The fact that he is not a scientist, is to his benefit. You can actually understand and absorb the information. John Erb is a researcher, and every claim is backed by scientific footnotes, but is written in a way that you don't need a medical dictionary to understand it. It's written for EVERY parent.

I think the biggest deal about this book is it is written by parents who wanted to expose "The Slow Poisoning of America".
TC - Wash
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 9:32 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By the way, who is Jack Samuels? Is he a scientist?
He must be if you are listening to him.

???
Deb A.
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 10:36 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to www.truthinlabeling.org to find out about Jack Samuels.
He was once a hospital administrator, who got so ill from MSG, that he had to quit working. He has studied MSG for years, and has lectured with Dr. Russell Blaylock, neurosurgeon and author. Jack's wife has a Ph.D. in Research and has written papers exposing the bogus testing of MSG. Jack and I confer and keep in touch constantly.
Connie M.
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 12:00 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is interesting. I have a lot of things wrong with me besides the FMS. I just say I have FMS and a lot of things that go with it. Easier that way. I should say now I have been poisoned by MSG!!!!!!!!

One doctor told me I had ADD a couple years ago!!!! I have a friend on the web with a number of things wrong with her that also has FMS and ADD!!!!

I will have to read all this!!!!! Every time I come to your board I find more and more of my health issues that tie in to the MSG!!!!!!

What we are eating is killing us. That is how I feel about it. You would not believe what all I have been through.I stopped talking about a lot of it to ppl a very long time ago b/c they just did not understand.

Thank you.

Connie
Deb A.
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 10:41 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Connie, you would be amazed at how many people have said the same things to me....about their FMS and all they have gone through with people who don't understand. Hang in there and get well!
Tom Fernstrom
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 9:03 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Connie M.,

When I think back about 8 years ago, I can't believe how my life has changed by finding out I was being poisoned by MSG & Aspartame. Eight years ago I was lying in a hospital bed diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) and feeling like I was going to die. CHF is nothing more than catch-all phrase (similar to FMS & ADD) to collectively describe all the various symptoms of a failing heart. Over time and through the help of this site, I found the true cause of my CHF and it was Excitotoxin poisoning.

Even though my neighbors, friends and relatives all remember how sick I was, many still donít want to believe that food can cause ill health. Many donít want to know that the FDA might not be the all trustworthy agency designed to protect us from these poisons.
Pam E.
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 11:25 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey All!
I have been searching and reading here for about 4 1/2 months now. Many of my questions and searches led me to postings from Laura Gould. I know that Laura does not post here since the passing of her son, Graham. So, I sent her an e-mail to thank her for all her helpful information. She is doing okay these days and wanted me to send her best to all who remember Laura and Graham. I told her that I'm sure you all remember them. Have a Good Week!:-)
Pam E.
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 3:50 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pam, Please let Laura know that I think of her and her precious Graham often. I am gladdened to know that she is doing okay. Please give her my love and well wishes.
Connie M.
Posted on Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 2:01 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone, I forget where all I post.It is nice to see how understanding everyone is here. Thank you. Wow Tom, I did not know you were so sick and I am glad you and lots of others got better. So sorry for those that did not.

Connie
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 4:19 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Geben mir bitte eine Brotchenxss

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page