Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Battling the MSG Myth in a magazine

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » Battling the MSG Myth in a magazine « Previous Next »

Jennifer
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 8:34 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was at Wild Oats and cruising the magazine section and seen a magazine that caught my eye. It's called Living Without and you can find them at www.livingwithout.com. I have not even got a chance to read that article. But, this is what the winter 2003 cover says, "The Ultimate Allergy Guide to Living Without peanuts, wheat, dairy, tree nuts, eggs, MSG, sulfites, latex and chemicals. The title of the MSG article is called, "The Truth About MSG". Then it goes on to say for many of us, the miracle food enhancer is nothing but a headache. hee hee hee It also list this site, In Bad Taste and Truth in Labeling Campaign. Did anyone else see this?
Valerie
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 10:38 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Living Without is a wonderful magazine. The winter one hasn't come to the shelves in my area yet but I'm first in line for that issue!
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 11:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is the second article about MSG in that magazine that listed our site and the others. I wrote to the editor last time and she sent me a copy. She explained that her mother is MSG sensitive and is quote, "one of my fans". Wow, did that make my day. I must write and thank her for what she is doing to get the message out again. Yippee! Thanks so much, Jennifer. Carol, I'll let her know about your site. Jennifer, can you post the email address of the editor or the magazine? Everyone, PLEASE take a minute and write and thank them for what they have done. And a reminder, please be very careful at Thanksgiving time. It's so easy to get carried away and eat the wrong tempting items. And do get an additive free turkey!
Jennifer
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 11:51 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.livingwithout.com/contacts.htm
Is where I found the information about the managing editor. Other email names are also listed on that page.

Managing Editor
Alicia Pitzer
(847) 480-8810
editor@livingwithout.com
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 2:44 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

An article from Living Without magazine:

http://www.livingwithout.com/feature_MSG.htm
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 4:13 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, guys. I will try to check in tomorrow, but have strep...just found out today..need to get some anti-biotics, which I always dread..wish me luck. Anyway, I have my son, his wife and their new baby coming tomorrow, so I'm very glad I found out today and can start the meds.
Jennifer
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 5:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roy,
That's not the full article. Just a brief of what in the magazine. The whole article is four pages long.

Deb A,
If I remember right you need 24 hours of meds before others can catch it. I always dread the antibiotics too.
Jennifer
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 5:32 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's early in the moring for me.

I'll fix this.

Roy,
That's not the full article. Just a brief of what is in the magazine. The whole article is four pages long.

Deb A,
If I remember right you need 24 hours of meds before others can not catch it. I always dread the antibiotics also.
Deb A.
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 1:40 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jennifer, they told me to basically quarantine myself for 48 hours after I start the antibiotics for strep....very depressing since I can't even hold my 2 month old grandbaby who just arrived for a visit yesterday. Luckily they will be here through Thanksgiving.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 3:40 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jennifer,

I had only posted one of the sample articles available from the Living Without Magazine web site. The one you referred to is apparently not available online. I said "an article" rather than "the article" because I had no way of verifying whether it was the same one.
Carol H
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 11:57 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb, sorry to hear about your strep - that is not fun. Be careful about your stomach while on the meds.

I love "Living Without" it offers such great emotional support as well as great ideas as to where to find specialty food items. I am always on the lookout for it at Whole Foods. They offer a lot of great info especially for parents of food allergic kids but also for parents of autistic children who must avoid gluten foods as well as dairy. It's my favorite food magazine.
Deb A.
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 3:28 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Carol. I took my last antibiotic today...took them out of the capsule and ate them with applesauce. I'm much better today. I bought some whole milk Dannon yogurt, and ate some hoping it might help the stomach. It's good to be a grandma now. :)
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 6:17 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Descriptions of pubs their atmospheresjwj
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 10:25 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

likening weddings generic activates,
despatched collarbone belonged,chorded, how to play texas hold em scheduled downcast rod Georgians answerers. free online texas hold em fake money no download sweetness,births texas hold em games online

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page