Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Buzzword

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » Buzzword « Previous Next »

Deb A.
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 11:22 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We are getting a lot of e mail and interest from Australia and New Zealand, lately. One person from down under told me that MSG has been discussed quite a bit recently on radio shows, TV, and in the newspapers. I have a feeling that smaller countries, like the UK and New Zealand may make the first national announcements concerning the dangers of MSG...our country may be more tied down by big business interests and government red tape and cover-ups....but I'm sure the glutes have their tentacles everywhere in the world, even "down under".
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 4:20 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A.,

Australia has a bread spread whose main flavoring ingredient appears to be hydrolyzed vegetable protein. They promote it as healthy by adding vitamin "B".

It's good that down under they seem to be waking up to what they've been putting inside themselves. Hopefully the rest of the world will start questioning that, too.

http://www.vegemite.com.au/bornbread.asp?area=6
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 8:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I used to know a woman who was raised in Australia and she took her Vegemite (the strange substance you speak of) with her everywhere and made sure her children got it as soon as they could eat. I tasted it about 25 years ago...ugh!..sort of like salty yeast...they spread it on bread...yum, full of vitamins and "protein". Another "spread" to beware of is Nutrella...not sure of the spelling...it is made from chocolate and hazelnuts...I get reports that MSG sensitive individuals react to it.
Jackye
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 8:21 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just to let you know that the radio station who hosted the informed MSG physician has never been able to provide any information to us. However, my mother called this evening to share an article in their local newspaper that mentioned MSG sensitivity. The author was Ed Bronz, PhD. I will contact the newspaper tomorrow to obtain contact information. I have been asked to share about MSG in our hospital newsletter. I will certainly credit this site and Deb's book with my success thus far. Oh...I am a different person. A registered nurse of 27 years, I never had any idea. I have had 3 other people in our small community of 18,000 contact me regarding MSG sensitivities. There must be countless others who have no idea what is causing their symptomology. My internal physcian is learning from this site...a man not too proud I would say.
Deb A.
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 9:08 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How wonderful that you are able to reach so many people in the medical world. Great job, Jackye!
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 9:31 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kansst du mir ein Speisekarte zeigen ?qsx

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page