Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Class action suit

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » Class action suit « Previous Next »

Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 7:56 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was watching ...can't remember the right morning show...the one Bryant Gumbel used to be on
..anyway, the anchors were discussing junk food and one person brought up the fact that there is a class action suit going on against MacDonald's, KFC, Burger King and Wendy's. It was explained that the group is claiming that they are knowingly selling to the public, food that is making us fat and unhealthy..that they are not fully disclosing everything that is put in the food. Anyone know anything more about this? None of the anchors seemed to think this case would go very far.
anon
Posted on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 4:25 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/614159/posts
Deb A.
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 8:47 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, anon!
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2002 - 2:58 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

More on junk food and lawsuits:

http://www.insightmag.com/main.cfm/include/detail/storyid/256297.html
su
Posted on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 5:07 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

MSG is an addictive neurotoxin just like nicotine.
It causes health problems like nicotine. If they can sue the tobacco companies for using this to profit , why not the food industry?
Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 2:16 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In Aug 1985, I underwent back surgery at Walter Reed Army Medical Center (Harrington Rods)to correct a scoliosis problem in my back. After the surgery I was given some tainted blood. I believed this is when all my health problems began. When I turned 40 yrs of age in the military, I took an over 40 physical and I was diagnosed with hypertension and type 2 diabetes. I was in good health before I had this back surgery. In October 2002 I was admitted to the hospital here in Fayetteville when my heart stopped on me for 20 minutes. After recovery I was told by the VA that I had contracted Hepatitis C by and the Lab report showed it was from a blood transfusion. I would like to know if I can file a class action suit against Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC.
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 9:41 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You need to talk to a lawyer.
Jerry Story
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 2:04 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hope those guys at Nutrasweet get their teeth kicked so hard that they have to lower their pants to chew their food.
http://www.wnho.net/nutrasweet_company_lawsuit.htm
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 8:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'd like to hear what happens with this suit.
Jerry Story
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 9:30 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was there ever a MSG trial? Is one planned?
Carol H
Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 5:42 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

News on a settled lawsuit against Ajinomoto. http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=68782
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 7:53 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What were the causes for the suit, Carol? I'm having a hard time gettting into the links.
Carol H
Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 10:58 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think it has to do with the fact they are trying to hide MSG and NOT let the buyer know that it contains MSG when they are consciously trying to avoid it. Indirect may mean they are putting it ingredients which then are being put into other products.
Carol H
Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 11:00 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A., This may be the lawsuit. I had put this link on MSGtruth.org a while ago. Sounds like they may have been successful. https://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/case/msg_new_jersey
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 3:06 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Geben mir bitte eine Brotchenmns

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page