Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Tyson recalls breaded chicken tenderl...

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » Tyson recalls breaded chicken tenderloins for undeclared concentrated soy protein « Previous Next »

SistineKid
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 1:05 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On 4/3, Tyson recalled Spare Time Uncooked Chicken Tenderloin Fritters and Tyson Uncooked Breaded Chicken Tenderloins that had been shipped for distribution to *restaurants and institutions* because the items contained undeclared soy in a marinade sub-ingredient, specifically concentrated soy protein. They attributed the error to a label change after reformulation.

Personal comment: another example of inaccurate labels and/or glutamate "enhanced" food distributed behind the scenes.

Read the article here: http://www.foodproductdesign.com/news/2013/04/tyson-chicken-products-recalled-over-undeclared-a.aspx

SK
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 4:06 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One of my worst MSG reactions ever came from food with a clean label that had the original printed ingredients amended with "salt" added at the end in obviously different script than the rest. I highly suspect they were taking a short cut from saying "monosodium glutamate". These days I would have reported it myself.
SistineKid
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 11:58 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roy, wow. That is remarkable. Maybe the person who made the addition thought "monosodium glutamate" equalled "sodium" equalled "salt"? Then again, there are "salts" with MSG ingredients. There is no real accountability.
SK

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page