Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Jack Samuels Passing

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » Jack Samuels Passing « Previous Next »

carolh
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2012 - 11:53 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/chicagotribune/obituary.aspx?n=jack-l-samuels&pid=155554807&fhid=14572 I just heard of the passing of Jack Samuels and was not sure if you had heard yet. It happened within the past month. Although Jack did not always agree with me, I always admired his spirit and his ability to get the word out there about the dangers of MSG - long before there even was an internet. My heart goes out to his wife Adrienne - a tireless consumer advocate who helped us all expose the lies behind the "safety" studies of MSG. I do hope that Adrienne carries on the work of Truth in Labeling. I think she can teach the young Occupy protesters quite a lot.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 10:05 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, Kay W. called last week. Mike and I were so saddened. He was a true mentor to me for years...one of the early pioneers in this cause. He suffered a heart attack. I know that MSG caused problems for his heart. I believe that Adrienne will carry on what Jack and she started together. He once walked the halls of Congress trying to get support for the cause...tried unsuccessfully to sue the FDA...quite a hero to be missed by many, especially his wife, children and grandchildren.
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 10:28 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. I connected with Jack on Facebook a couple of months ago, and he was kind enough to spend two hours on the phone with me. What an amazing man and what a loss for our world.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 2:23 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes it is. We all have just so much time, and Jack used a lot of his to help others. He was the person I would go to if I didn't have the answer. How I will miss that! It was so great to have shared so much information and friendship over the years.
evelyn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 4:33 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sad news, for his loved ones and for all of us.
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 4:04 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh my sympathy to his family! he helped so many and he will be very much missed

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page