Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Stock powder

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » Stock powder « Previous Next »

Anonymous

Posted From: 121.221.250.158
Posted on Monday, May 10, 2010 - 1:24 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does anyone know is there any stockpowders that dont use msg. i know some brands claim they dont then you find it under another name any help?I live in Australia.Thx
kristy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 3:14 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't believe there are any in the States, but I don't know about Australia.
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 4:30 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

none in europe either.
Star
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 3:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think the very process of making a "stock powder" would lend itself to either the creation of something that I know I would react to, or the process would need different additives along the way in order to create the "powder." Personally I stay away from all "powders," ha, ha recipe for disaster! Share if you find something though :D
luv Star
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 5:54 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yup... ive discovered that goes for me too. anything on an ingredients label that says "...powder" is almost sure to have an effect on me.

its quite frustrating, becoz obviously real powdered foods (just dried & ground) have been here forever and should be fine. unfortunately, commercial processors have a lot of leeway given to them in labelling language

i was having the same struggle when i first got on this board- the hunt for soup base without baddies is actually what drew me here :-)
look up the string titled "are there any safe brands of readymade chicken broth"... DebA and several others posted some GREAT tips and suggestions for getting around the dilemma

hope that helps!
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 10:13 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Soup bases and stock are the two things i really miss too, Bonana. I now make my own and im getting better with practise!! Im quite embarressed by how little i knew about real cooking and baking.
Anonymous

Posted From: 58.170.177.87
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2010 - 12:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks for the replies...how would i go about finding out those "GREAT tips and suggestions for getting getting around the dilemma"?
Also how do you become a regestered user?cheers
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2010 - 6:08 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi anon, at the top of this page, click on the Search Button (it has a little magnifying glass next to it)...
then on the search page, type "Better Than Boullion" in the keyword box and check the option marked "and" to search for the whole phrase.
i just did this and the top hit is the post i was referring to, titled "are there any safe brands of readymade chicken broth"

as far as registering, i know, i was stumped too at first :-)
there actually isnt any registration- just choose a user name when you post, and use "msgkills" as the password

this is really a great bunch of people on this board, everyone is super nice and so helpful, so please feel free to post back with all your questions & discoveries... and spread the word!
Anonymous

Posted From: 58.164.255.196
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2010 - 12:27 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thx Bo. I have only came across this msg thing recently about a month ago. the amount I eat of the stuff and have bad teeth with many mercury fillings i should be dead or at least more ill than i presently am. I have 4 kids under 6 so i have lots to think about. We have just gone through our pantry with lots to throw out. Lots to learn. So thank to all for this site and to all the people helping to guide foke be aware od greedy poeple useing these bad stuff. cheers
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2010 - 8:45 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi again anon...
i keep pondering what you said about feeling like you should be more ill than you presently are...
i think "presently" is definitely the key word there. you see, a lot of this stuff wasn't even in our food 10 years ago. ive been a 'health foody' for a lot of years (not that that did any good ;) ...so i can remember when the whole 'UMAMI' thing came out, thinking- oh no, that doesnt sound like something good to me...
but i always figured that if one didnt want to eat certain things, they could be easily avoided.

sadly, thats just not so... Big Food & Pharma keeps finding new ways to hide the addictive glutamates which keep us buying their products, and with the rate of new processes & chems being approved every year, it seems like it wont be long before anything you dont grow yourself is FrankenFood.

i want to applaud you! you care for your family enough to pursue good health for them, and that is no easy task! i have just started on this site also, and also have much to learn... i know how overwhelming it feels to find out how big the task is... but there are some wonderful, caring people on this board who have loads of experience and wisdom to share, so please keep checking back often!
hugs to you, and all your babies :-)
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2010 - 8:49 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

btw, anon.. be sure to choose a personal user name for yourself when you post, so everyone here can start getting to know you!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page