Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

FOOD, INC: New documentary about corr...

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » FOOD, INC: New documentary about corruptions in the food industry « Previous Next »

guruofmsg
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 12, 2009 - 7:36 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There's a new documentary called FOOD, INC. about the corruptions in the food industry. Please check out my review: http://www.nycmovieguru.com/june12th09.html#foodinc

Here's a list of all the locations/dates it'll be opening at: http://www.magpictures.com/dates.aspx?id=3e3938d1-b785-4286-9ae0-8eb5952f1480, so hopefully you can see it when it comes to your town/city.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 7:31 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey, thanks for the info. I see it has rave reviews and it's coming to my city 6/26, yea!

"Filmmaker Robert Kenner lifts the veil on our nation's food industry, exposing the highly mechanized underbelly that's been hidden from the American consumer with the consent of our government's regulatory agencies, the USDA and FDA. Our nation's food supply is now controlled by a handful of corporations that often put profit ahead of consumer health, the livelihood of the American farmer, the safety of workers and our own environment. We have bigger-breasted chickens, the perfect pork chop, insecticide-resistant soybean seeds, even tomatoes that won't go bad, but we also have new strains of e coli—the harmful bacteria that causes illness for an estimated 73,000 Americans annually. We are riddled with widespread obesity, particularly among children, and an epidemic level of diabetes among adults.

Featuring interviews with such experts as Eric Schlosser (Fast Food Nation), Michael Pollan (The Omnivore's Dilemma) along with forward thinking social entrepreneurs like Stonyfield Farms' Gary Hirschberg and Polyface Farms' Joe Salatin, Food, Inc. reveals surprising—and often shocking truths—about what we eat, how it's produced, who we have become as a nation and where we are going from here."
Del
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 6:08 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you for the link.
There are also some excellent reading suggestions on the films website - and a book accompanying the movie for those not lucky enough to have a screening nearby
http://www.foodincmovie.com/reading-list.php
The more knowledge the better
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 15, 2009 - 5:41 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The film is great. I saw it already in NYC. It doesn't go specifically into MSG, but looks at the big picture and it is a devastating critique of Big Food. Some parts are particularly heart-wrenching about the effects of food-borne illness on children. I did cry.

I hope this film spurs renewed interest in The Beautiful Truth DVD, which reiterates and proves many of the points made in Food, Inc.
guruofmsg
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 2:43 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's the first 3 minutes of FOOD, INC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqQVll-MP3I
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 5:12 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

guruofmsg, thanks for the info - the 1st 3 minutes looks great and I plan on seeing it.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page