Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Starbucks just got healthier

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » Starbucks just got healthier « Previous Next »

guruofmsg
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 9:59 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Starbucks eliminates high fructose corn syrup and more from their products and will be offering salads as well: http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSTRE55175Y20090602
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 5:27 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Or so they say......guess I'll be skeptical of all labels and claims.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/06/04/Warning-Food-Labels-Can-Fool-Even-the-Smartest-People.aspx
kristy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, June 06, 2009 - 1:09 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I also noticed the ads for Snapple saying they were using "pure sugar" and Planters nuts with only sea salt. Like Dianne, I feel these claims are an attempt to "sound" good while still finding other ways to include the bad stuff so that we won't notice. I can't think of a single grocery item that we use made by the big food companies since we avoid everything by a company if we react to even one of their products. Starbucks would be especially hard to believe since their success relies on addiction/msg more than most other companies. I mean, how on earth would a coffee shop become so successful if everyone wasn't relying on the product to self-medicate, feed caffeine addictions or counteract the effects of free glutamates (the after-lunch slump)?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page