Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

The Beautiful Truth

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » The Beautiful Truth « Previous Next »

Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, will you keep up informed about pre and post media coverage of the film in your area...this is so exciting. We want to know everything! Thank you so much for the kind words about us here...on your blurb about the film on your site. Are those real wild animals with Garrett in the pics??! He must be one amazing young man.
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 8:44 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry I took so long to answer - its been a nutty election season!.

I sent out a blast email to everyone on my list about the film and the times and theaters and all, if you did not get one - email me at carol@msgtruth.org and I'll put you on my email list.

BTW, There was an amazing new discovery mentioned in the Journal NATURE today.

They finally tried sequencing the entire genome of a cancer victim and they found 10 mutations. I'll show them here:
1 & 2 ) protocadherin/cadherin family members (CDH24 and PCLKC (also known as PCDH24)),
3 & 4) G-protein-coupled receptors (GPR123 and EBI2 (also known as GPR183)),
5) a protein phosphatase (PTPRT),
6) a potential guanine nucleotide exchange factor (KNDC1),
7) a peptide/drug transporter (SLC15A1) and
8) a glutamate receptor gene (GRINL1B).
9& 10) previously described, recurrent somatic insertions in the FLT3 and NPM1 genes.

Notice #8 is for Glutamate receptors??

We finally have a genetic smoking gun linking glutamate receptors to cancer. In the film, Dr. Blaylock goes into detail about how cancer becomes more agressive when glutamate is present.

Interesting, Huh?

I plan on going through the list of genes more thoroughly like I did with autism. I'll post the results on msgtruth.org.
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 10:30 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here are the show times and theaters for the Movie:
In New York City,
Friday, November 14, 2008
The Quad Cinema 34 West 13th Street New York, NY 10011 (212) 255-8800
ADVANCE TICKETS - CALL 777-FILM #636
Showtimes - Daily at 1:00 2:50 5:00 7:00 9:25
Group discount for 10 or more people @ $7.50 per ticket. (Must purchase at box office w/ cash or credit card).

In LA
Opens - Los Angeles, CA: Wed, Nov. 26th Dec. 4th
Laemmle's Music Hall 3
9036 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, 90211
310-274-6869
Showtimes -
Wed 11/26, Fri 11/27, Mon 12/1 Thu 12/4: 5:00, 7:20 & 10:00
Thu 11/27, Sat 11/29 & Sun 11/30: 12:20, 2:40, 5:00, 7:20 & 10:00
GROUP DISCOUNT INFO
If your group wants to come to a specific film on the same date and time, fill out the online form to make a group rate request. You bring a printout of the e-mailed confirmation to the theatre which enables you to purchase discounted tickets at the box office for $6 each. Requests can be made for any number of people from 25-100. If your group is more than 100 please call (310) 478-1041 to check for availability

Please note the difference in how to get group tickets. If you can, make a road trip to get there with friends. The more tickets sold - the more theaters they can bring it to later!
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 10:32 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb,

Yes, those animals are where Steve and Garrett live. The wolf is actually Garrett's tame pet wolf. You will see the animals in the film too. It's really neat to see Garrett feeding them. He has such an affection for them.
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 07, 2008 - 7:32 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For those who need to wait a little longer to see the film - here is a great link where you can see 10 different clips from the film. Two of the clips are of Dr. Blaylock speaking about MSG.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cinemalibre/sets/72157608490766629/
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 10:25 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is just exciting! Thanks for the updates and the cancer/gene study. We have missed you.
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 6:39 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hope folks can come to see it this first week. I will be coming to the 7 pm show this Friday in NYC and will stay after for the Q&A session with Howard Straus, who is Dr. Gerson's grandson and a wonderful person. The Quad Cinema is in a fantastic part of NYC near Union Square. I was there just yesterday for an interview with film reviewer Avi Offer. I was really excited - there is such energy in that part of Manhattan. If anyone wants to go from NJ, let me know....
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 9:08 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am so glad that Avi has contacted you. I've spoken with him a couple times and he is so enthusiastic about this cause. Please keep us posted, Carol!
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 10:41 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb,

Avi is definitely a sweetheart.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Cancer_Cures/Gerson_Therapy/prweb1615664.htm

Here is the link for the Press release. It came by email today as a Google news alert for MSG. So the film is now above the radar.

It is opening day for the film. I spent the past few days in NYC helping promote the film. By pure luck and happenstance, my friend Nick and I were in the city on Tuesday nite and met Richard Greene of Air America Radio and turns out - he is a vegetarian and very concerned about what we eat. He invited me and Nick on his show and we spent a few hours in NYC at Air America Radio's studio and talked on the air about food. It was a blast. The show is broadcast coast to coast, so I hope we got the word out there.

You just can't make this stuff up:-)

I hope to see some of you guys at the theater. There will be many showings this week in NYC and then in LA the week of Thanksgiving, so you can hit any of the showings. Unfortunately, I was hoping to see our friend John Erb, but he can't make it to the opening. His work is shown in the film though, so he will be with us in spirit at least.

Have an awesome weekend everyone. I will let you know how things go.

If you do get to the city, there is an awesome organic restaurant right by the theater - called Gustoganics at 519 sixth Avenue in NYC. Wonderful food - it's the first 100% organic restaurant in NYC. They list foods by V for vegetarian and VV for vegan. The food is amazing....Also, there is a farmers market at 14th street - Union Square with Whole Foods across the street. NYC is getting the message in a big way. Mayor Bloomberg is pushing for Green carts - where you can buy fresh foods instead of what we call "dirty water dogs". So soon we will be able to get much healthier "fast food" and real vegetables in our urban areas. There is a fantastic movement for better foods in our cities, and it is getting a very healthy start here.

So, I think the film will do well.......
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 5:46 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, I wish I could be in NYC for the show, but I'm sure it will be received with great enthusiasm and shown in many theaters across the country next year for all of us to finally see. I was hoping my daughter would be in NYC this weekend to be my eyes, but I'll tell her about the organic restaurant so she can check it out in a couple of weeks. It is really exciting that the movement for better foods has arrived (probably a little faster in some parts of the country than others). Can't wait for your report on how things went tonight. Thanks for all your hard work.
guruofmsg
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008 - 8:35 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please check out my interview with Steve Kroschel, director of THE BEAUTIFUL TRUTH. Feel free to share it with others because it hits important points and harsh truths about the health industry.

http://www.nycmovieguru.com/stevekroschel.html
guruofmsg
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 12:28 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please share your thoughts with the skeptical posters on The Beautiful Truth's IMDB message boards. Here's what I had to say: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1288553/board/thread/122510965?d=122805085#122805085
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 8:45 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Awesome interview with Steve Kroschel. His bravery just shines through. It took so much to make this film knowing full well he would be pilloried for taking on Big Pharma. He is just like that in person. A very sweet, but very brave man.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 3:38 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is an interesting read. I loved seeing Carol's name in the billing. I feel honored to be in the presence (cyber) of someone famous.

http://cinemalibrestudio.com/EarthNow/TBT/THEBEAUTIFULTRUTHPressNotesFINALFINAL9-15.pdf
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 11:25 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

guru, I am so happy, I could cry! Thank you for taking up this cause...using your talent and good heart to make a difference. For so many years, we have been hoping and praying for people in positions of influence and power to listen, really LISTEN to what we have been warning people about. I have spent so much energy trying to give people some hope. You, Steve, his son, and others like you, have given ME hope. Thank you. Read your article and your interview with Steve..excellent! After our chats, I told my husband that you were brilliant..and that I was afraid to dare hope that we are on the brink of REAL public awareness...but now, I know there are positive forces working for us. Carol, that was SOME coincidence! Wish I could have heard your Air America interview...can we access it anywhere?? Love your posts about the movie..keep it coming!
Jennifer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 12:31 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol,

I saw on your site that you mentioned everyone should go see the movie, because the more tickets that sell, the more theaters it will be released in. I can't really afford a trip to LA, but I can buy a ticket. Is it the tickets sold, or the people that actually show that counts?

Jennifer
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 1:14 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good point, Jennifer. Will it be released as a DVD at some time?
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 4:25 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jennifer,
The more folks that see the film the better. If you know of anyone in LA who can make it there - that would be great.....
Also, if you see blog posts on it out there in cyberspace, please add your voice.

I had such a busy week - after the weekend, I had a big councilmeeting on Monday - then a conference in Atlantic City - I just got back home with time to check my emails. I have been anxiously waiting to tell you guys all about it.

The two shows I watched with friends got the same reaction. Unanimous applause. After the 7 pm show on Friday nite. Not a single person left the room as the credits rolled. Every single person stayed seated for the Q&A session. Folks were fascinated to speak with Howard Straus, Dr. Gerson's grandson. What a sweet man! I got the chance to talk with him too. The folks were so interested that the discussion was kicked out of that room so they could get the next show started, we went out to the lobby, and the discussion continued with folks approaching us with questions, and then we got kicked out of the lobby to the sidewalk outside the theater. The discussion ensued with folks for another hour. In fact two folks - one of whom lost his wife to cancer, were so excited and into our discussion, that they missed their train to Hoboken, and I gave them a ride over to Jersey. Several folks I talked to said they would return the next day and bring more friends with them. And they actually did! The reaction to the film the next nite was exactly the same. Unanimous and sustained applause. They again stayed and the conversation moved out to the street with folks exchanging phone #s and emails with each other. I think this will be a person to person, word of mouth phenomenon, with folks bringing their friends to see it. It was so fun and exciting to hear the responses.

At first I wasn't sure the film had drawn enough folks to get more theaters, but just yesterday I was told by the folks at Cinema Libre, that The Beautiful Truth was actually pulling in more than any of the other films showing at the theater. Pretty exciting, huh?

Dianne, I am proud and excited to know all of you guys too. You have been keeping the faith for all of us, by blogging here. Now, what we all need to do, is to use all our blogging and internet skills to spread the word about the film, any way we can. That is what all of us here do best.......

This is a start - the official blog for the film:

http://thebeautifultruthmovie.blogspot.com//VE1117938994.html?categoryid=31&cs=1
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 8:19 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol,

Bravo - fabulous - wonderful! That is so exciting, I got goose bumps while reading about the audience's response. I definitely will spread the word. Can't wait to see the show myself.
Becky
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 8:33 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I too am glad for the great response! I can't wait to see it myself!
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 10:09 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am grinning so hard, it hurts! Carol, remember where our cause was way back when we met in Reno?...we could only dream about such exposure! I am so proud of you..I told you I expected great things from you! Thank you for never giving in or giving up. Wish I could have been there to see the crowd's reaction, but you painted a beautiful picture...will spread the word and post something on our homepage soon.
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 3:03 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks! I wish the schedule for filming would have permitted you to be interviewed in the film, too Deb. I was hoping to get John Erb as well as Dogter J for the film, but it wasn't to be. The cool thing is, that John's paper is shown in the film, and that animals and their health and diet is covered.

By the way - check out the front page of msgtruth.org for details on the LA show. Cinema Libre will be giving free admission on Wednesday nite to anyone who suffers from cancer or chronic disease. You have to pre-register first, and the seats and shows are limited, but it is a great way to get folks who have trouble affording a nite out to see the film.

I think Big Pharma and Big Cancer are really worried about this film. The latest stories this week are about how cancer sometimes "goes away on its own". It seems that if you change the diet and cancer goes away, it's a "miracle" but if they poison you with chemo and you manage to live through the "treatment" and the cancer comes back 5 years later, then it is their wonderful "medicine" that keeps the cancer at bay. Other stories talk about how cancer has declined over the years. But read the fine print and you'll see that many types of cancer have INCREASED and lung cancer has decreased - probably due to better information about how deadly smoking is - and smoking bans in many places. By the way, Dr. Gerson warned folks not to smoke in the 1920's! In the 1950's US doctors were still encouraging folks to smoke in commercials and ads.

I hope you guys get to see this film soon. The faster word spreads and the better it does in LA, the more theaters it will get to.

Filmjournal says the film is a "must-see".

The latest stories in the news are evidence that the pharmaceutical companies are scared of this film. Lets hope a new US administration does the right thing and keeps out the poisoning influence of corporations that profit from our collective misery.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 3:19 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll second that last thought, Carol. I always wonder about the reports saying we're healthier than we have ever been, that cancer is decreasing. I look around me and see more obese people of all ages, half my acquaintances suffering from fibro and other chronic health problems, and their kids and grandkids struggling with ADD or worse. Working here at my son's office, the majority of his patients are very wary of MDs and have had bad experiences with drugs, surgeries, and other treatments. More than 1/3 of them are trying to avoid MSG now. Mike refers patients to his "mom at the desk" if he suspects they are MSG reactive. It's great to see the changes for myself. Several of them were depressed, negative, grouchy and loud. Now they are cheerful and very positive...can't believe the difference themselves! LOVE IT!
Nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 5:45 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb, You have helped me tremendously by way of this forum with all of the extremely valuable information that you provide. You must enjoy seeing how you have helped others that are standing right in front of you on a daily basis. Thanks so much and keep up the good work!
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 10:19 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I sure do..as much as people like you who have been helped via our site and forum. It feels like we've made many friends that we haven't met. When I tell people I'm thankful that I got so ill (not happy that it lasted 21 years, though!) so that I could share what I discovered about MSG, they think I'm crazy. But it is more than heartwarming. So happy to know that you're feeling healthier, Nana.
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 6:56 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb,

More WONDERFUL news. The Beautiful Truth will be opening on January 9 in San Francisco.

Here are the details:
Roxie Film Center
3117 16th St.
San Francisco CA 94103
(415) 863-1087
http://www.roxie.com

So I think it had some good runs so far. I hope we get a lot of folks in SF, then perhaps the word will spread and we can get it in more theaters..... :-)

I will try to to check in every day from here on out. Things have been quite busy here - that bad Party Boss I've been battling has been indicted and the Bergen County Dems are poised to kick him out of the Democratic Party. 'bout time but lots of meetings happening because of it.

Have an awesome day!
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 3:39 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wonder why Carol's post was just addressed to Deb, as we are all interested in this, right?
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 6:40 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually, I meant it for everyone, but I know that Deb lives closer to SF than to NY or LA. Dianne and everyone, if you know of anyone in the SF area, please spread the word :-)
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 11:42 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I will tell my nephew about it, he lives close by. Hopefully, he will be able to make it. Thanks Carol.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 2:16 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is huge news, Carol! I'll try to get Mike to post that San Francisco date on our homepage. Do you know when we can purchase a DVD of the film?
You have been so busy! Those bad politicians are in trouble with sheriff Carol in town! :-) Good work. I'm sure the film has been part of the reason that we have been receiving a lot more inquiries. Thanks for the update, Carol! ALL of us are lucky to have you here...right, Dianne?....hahah!
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 7:48 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll keep you posted if it is in more cities.

Sometimes the bad folks do get in trouble. You just can't give up the fight.
Remember:
1) They can't come after all of us
2) Spreading the word really works - Let them just try to put the cat back in the bag.

Here is a diary I blogged today about the corrupt politicians where I live: http://www.bluejersey.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=9971
We just got two more indictments this week in my hometown of Bergenfield. Someday I hope we can put the MSG pushers behind bars too :-)
Now, I am trying to get the NJ Commission on Indian Affairs to stop trying to erase the history of our oldest indigenous tribe - we have a bill on that coming up - then I can concentrate on finishing my book.

Upton Sinclair, after he published The Jungle in 1906, which caused the creation of the FDA, tried to create a Utopian commune in the next town over from me - about a mile down the road. It mysteriously burned down. Looks like there were creeps in NJ back then too. But we are making progress.

If we can clean up corruption in NJ, we can clean up the food industry!
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 11:25 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You go, girl!!!
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 4:11 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, My nephew and his wife said they will go see it. I can't wait for their review.
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 10:53 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dianne,

That is great news that they can get there for the film! Please share it with us when you get their review! :-)
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 3:54 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A reminder - The Beautiful Truth opens in San Francisco at The Roxie on January 9 - that's THIS FRIDAY. Tell your friends and neighbors!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page