Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Soup Wars over MSG Content

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » Soup Wars over MSG Content « Previous Next »

Cherylin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 13, 2008 - 3:16 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Financial-Industry/Soup-wars-over-MSG-content
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 13, 2008 - 7:22 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can't wait to find out what horrible effects the alternatives have.
Lisa Marie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 3:48 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has anyone looked at the ingredient list on the Campbell soups that are supposedly MSG free. I looked at some in the store, and believe me, MSG is in there by OTHER names! Also, I went to the Campbell site, and they do not make the ingredient list readily available--I could not find it. All I could find was this:
http://www.campbellwellness.com/product-list.asp?brandID=1
Clicking on those listed, still does not give the ingredients. I would think Progresso is doing the same thing.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 4:00 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Progresso lists a bunch of "MSG-free" soups, then at the end admits that they spike them with yeast extract and vegetable proteins. I strictly avoid both, and remember reacting to "vegetable protein" before I'd ever read or heard of its glutamate content.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/progresso/MSG_Free.htm
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 9:02 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I read some of the labels of the new "healthier" Campbell's soups, and I wouldn't touch them, either.
Has anyone had any luck with some of the boxed organic chicken or vegetable broths on the market?
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 11:37 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My husband went to the store a few days ago looking for some chicken broth because he was on a liquid diet for a day. He called me from the market and read me the contents of all the so called "organic" brands. Ha! Not one of them sounded safe. They all contained various very suspicious ingredients. So he came home with none.
patrick
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 12:10 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My family has not had a problem with this company ...yet.
http://www.imaginefoods.com/index.php

I just made some fabulous butternut squash soup!

Patrick
CherylA
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 1:54 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just bought some Kitchen Basics stock today - will try it soon. It says no MSG, hydroloyzed, autolyzed anything, no soy, no wheat www.kitchenbasics.net I believe.
Amanda S.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 10:58 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have used the Kitchen Basics chicken stock with no problems.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 1:33 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, I'll have to search for it around where I live.
Tom Fernstrom
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 4:49 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All,

I too use Kitchen Basics brand with no problems. Also have found that Campbell's "Healthy Request" brand soups cause no reaction when used in recipes.
Debbey
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 10:05 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

love soup make it alot even though i am in Florida react to trace amounts msg-can use imagine no chicken chicken broth and imagine veggie. get sick on kitchen basic(naural flavor?)and cannot even do a mouthful of Healthy Request
hope that helps.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 1:04 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What is "no Chicken" chicken broth, Debbey?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page