Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

The Beautiful Truth Premiere in LA

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » The Beautiful Truth Premiere in LA « Previous Next »

Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 7:52 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Beautiful Truth movie which we've been discussing for a while will also be opening in LA the nite before Thanksgiving and run for one week. Please - if you are on the West Coast try to come that week. It will help the film get shown in more theaters. Having a major motion picture delve into the real issues of food additives and health PARTICULARLY MSG is a real first and something we have all been waiting DECADES to see. Tell you neighbors, tell your friends.

I will be posting links for flyers for the events so you can print them up at home and hand them out.

Opens - Los Angeles, CA: Wed, Nov. 26th Dec. 4th
Laemmle's Music Hall 3
9036 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, 90211
310-274-6869
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 9:43 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please take a minute and respond the this email I just received.:
"It is so sad that you are misguided.

Almost all of your information falls under pseudoscience.

Quit looking for information to support your case! Look for the truth! Then test your hypothesizes with unbiased testing.

You owe people the truth not what you believe or your opinion.

Michael Blumenstock
[mblumenstock@yahoo.com]
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 12:16 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A., It was a pleasure to send Michael an email. Thanks for letting us respond.
EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 7:05 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I sent him an email as well, thank you for letting us respond
Anonymous

Posted From: 67.121.114.240
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 7:57 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He smacks of a troll.

I may send him this, but so far I haven't:

(Deb, I already posted to the "share your recovery" thread, but this is the enhanced version)

You think I'm "misguided". Actually, I used to believe that modern medicine has all the answers, and that someday everyone could live to the best of their potential, using new knowledge discovered by hard-working, devoted scientists. And modern inventions won't hurt anyone, they're just crybabies.

Nevermind the fact that I was always a bit of a lazy slug, and had emotional problems that probably should have been seen by a professional (but good thing I never went, more on that later). I'm sure I should have been seen by a professional; once I took an online "are you depressed" quiz. The computer in it's infinite wisdom said I should call 911 or my Doctor immediately. Ha!

Then I got really sick.

My skin would hurt so bad taking a shower was agonizing. I had what fit the description of Restless Leg Syndrome. I would just go irrationally Nuts. I had memory problems fitting of someone pushing 70, and I was under 30. I also gained an alarming bit of weight. I'm better now, but if I had to live with all the symptoms I was having back then, with no possibility of ever getting better, I think I would rather die. I frequently had panic attacks, though I wasn't afraid of anything. The physical symptoms matched the classic description of panic attacks, though. I couldn't sleep, even when exhausted. I constantly had a weird metallic taste in my mouth. I had terrible coughing fits. Yes, I smoked back then, but less than my husband. He was the one that pointed out to me that I was coughing way more than him, or anyone else that didn't have an infection. I was tested for that, along with many other things. According to the tests, there was nothing wrong with me. I was advised to record my temperature in the morning, and it was never, ever consistent. I also had tinnitus (ringing of the ears) about every other day.

I had to quit working for almost a year - I just couldn't do my job anymore. I didn't want to become a "crazy cat lady" either, drawing disability and being doped up on opiates. Not having anything better to do, I searched the internet looking for something that matched the symptoms I was having. By sheer luck, I came across msgmyth.com. The main page had a list of symptoms, and I had over half of them. So I decided to try the diet suggested on the site, and threw out just about everything in my pantry.

Now I no longer have any of my symptoms, as long as I'm careful about what I eat - for the first time in my life, I know what normal is supposed to feel like. It's the greatest feeling in the world. All from a simple diet change. The results are so profound, that a 30% improvement due to the placebo effect would have been a barely noticeable drop in the bucket of what was wrong with me. Oh yeah, one of the basic tenants of science is that your results are repeatable. If I eat the wrong thing, my old symptoms return - and it's 100% repeatable in my case. A diet containing sulfites, and glutamate in very small amounts is bad for me, and that's the truth. I don't think I'm totally unique, being the only person on this planet that has these issues with food additives. My mother suffered terrible physical ailments for nearly all the time I was alive, before dying at age 64. Most of her symptoms mirrored mine. I only wish I could have told her what I've since discovered.

So yeah, re-read your post. Then take a good long look at yourself in the mirror.

Jennifer
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 9:01 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Homework assignment for Michael Blumenstock: Read Excitotoxins by Dr. Blaylock.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 9:52 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I love you people here!!! What wonderful comments and thanks, Jennifer for sharing your story..it came from the heart..and gut! I'm glad you posted it under the topic to share with others, too. Dianne, Emily, Jerry, we can only hope that he is smart enough to do more research...but if he is tied to the food industry in any way, money will rule over his head.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page