Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

If only consumers knew the REAL cause...

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » If only consumers knew the REAL cause of obesity from fast foods « Previous Next »

kevin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 12:46 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The concept of no additional fast food restaurants in poor areas of LA sounds great, but if only consumers knew the REAL cause of obesity from fast foods: http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/29/fast.food.ban.ap/index.html
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 9:59 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I guess they figured they needed to start somewhere.
Kevin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 10:02 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check out what the so-called "experts" are saying about Fast Food: http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/11230/americas-bestand-worstrestaurants/
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2008 - 3:35 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, that's pretty disgusting. I just read a great book today, "In defense of food : an eater's manifesto" by Michael Pollan. The stats about percentages of corn, wheat, soy and rice in American's diets was staggering. Those 4 foods (or food products i.e. high fructose corn syrup) combined make up something like two thirds of our country's diet. It also said midwest farmer's most productive/profitable plantings are now from corn and soy (not to mention the subsidies).

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page