Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

MSG and Autism

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » MSG and Autism « Previous Next »

Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:57 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On May 12, 2008, I attended the Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee at 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington DC and was given 5 minutes to speak. I explained how MSG is related to autism and I brought my FlowChart to show the Committee and gave a copy to the Coordinator Joyce Chung.

I hope I was able to get somewhere. I finally delivered our message to the very top echelons of the NIH and the NIMH as well as top activists in the autism field.

So today I am tired, but I feel releived that those who can actually do something about the autism crisis - where now in NJ 1 in 60 boys develop autism - have the information they need to make real progress.

Forgive me for being so busy these last few days, but that is what I was up to.

I was extremely concerend that the folks from Autism Speaks were only concerned about the money involved and that the Committee be long term. I heard more talk about money than about curing or reducing the disease. I hope I am mistaken about their committment to helping parents and their autistic children. One mother who came to speak broke down in tears during her speech. I hope help is really on the way.
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:03 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The website for the IACC is: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/research-funding/scientific-meetings/recurring-meetings/iacc/index.shtml
I urge any parents out there whose children have shown real progress by avoiding MSG to contact this committee and share their stories. The IACC was going to have many town hall meetings around the US and so you may be able to participate like I did yesterday.

I finally met John Erb who has been fighting to get MSG banned and was the one who got the FDA petition on the docket. He has worked tirelessly to help our cause and has gotten in quite a lot of hot water for doing so. But I told him yesterday, he isn't alone in wanting to get rid of MSG, so I told him to start posting here - I know you all would appreciate his insight into how to officially initiate change on the legislative level locally.

So, I hope John starts blogging here soon!
LaurenC
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:16 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's awesome Carol! It's good to know we have people like you on the front lines.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page