Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Write FDA letter about MSG! please

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » Write FDA letter about MSG! please « Previous Next »

Lisa Marie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 12:07 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am putting this under a separate topic in case some of you miss it under the other heading I posted.
I sent the FDA a letter re: Revoking the Status of GRAS for the food additive Monosodium Glutamate.
I thought if I posted my letter, you guys would be able to use it as an outline to copy and paste and write the FDA also. MSGkills says it will take thousands of complaints to revoke this.
I hope we can start on these boards. Thanks.

Dear FDA,

I am writing to you in support of "Revoking the status of GRAS for the food additive Monosodium Glutamate." It is ID FDA-2007-P-0178-0001. The document date is 12/28/2007.

I am supporting this revocation with all of my heart because Monosodium Glutamate has ruined my life the way I once knew it. I now am on a very limited diet so that I can avoid MSG, whether listed as MSG, Monosodium Glutamate, or by one of its other 80 legal but deceiving names or numbers.

When I ingest this additive, even in minute amounts, I get these symptoms:

rapid heart rate, for which I have to take beta blockers
insomnia
bright red, pulsating face and cheeks
severe GI upset with diarrhea

I know there are various studies proclaiming the safety of MSG. I know that the companies who want to sell this stuff and add it to our food all say that it has never been scientifically proven to make people ill. They conveniently forget about the documented cases of "Chinese Restaurant Syndrome," and I am certain they totally disregard stories like mine. Monosodium Glutamate is an excitotoxin and it is deadly. A revered neuroscientist, Dr. Russel Blaylock has written an entire book on this subject called, "Excitotoxins, The Taste That Kills." You can review his book here:

http://www.amazon.com/Excitotoxins-Taste-Russell-L-Blaylock/dp/0929173252

You can find an interview with him here:
http://www.naturalnews.com/020550.html

The main problem for all of us who eat, is that MSG is contained in almost every food source in America. It is in everything processed, packaged and canned. To avoid it, I have to eat every meal at home, from food which I cook from scratch. I have to use ingredients which I am sure are safe, and that limits me to eggs from free range chickens, beef from farmers who add nothing to their meat, fresh fruit produce, and a tiny amount of food which I can obtain at a health food store.

Honestly, this is no way to have to live. However, it is preferable to lying awake all night with a pounding heart, or spending the night in the bathroom, ill. There are many more stories on boards and forums at:
msgmyth.com
msgtruth.org

Please take a moment and visit these web sites. The information contained within them is startling.

I firmly believe that Monosodium Glutamate must stop being called SAFE and be removed from the marketplace. As of now, we citizens have no choice in the matter of whether our food contains it. So I beg you, please remove the classification that MSG is safe by revoking the GRAS status. There are thousand of people who I know would concur with me. I am trying to give them a voice by writing this letter.

I hope you will take me seriously and Revoke the GRAS status of the food additive Monosodium Glutamate. Again, it is ID FDA-2007-0178-001. Monosodium Glutamate is very far from being 'generally recognized as safe.'
Respectfully,

Then I added my name and address.
The email is:
dockets@oc.fda.gov
Brandy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 5:52 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, THANKS SOOO much Lisa!!!! I will definitely use this as an outline for my letter, you did great!
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 5:16 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lisa Marie, Thanks so much, a little help getting started is what I needed. I will get right on it.
Lisa Marie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 2:38 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Write FDA letter about MSG! please

I am putting this under a separate topic in case some of you miss it under the other heading I posted.
I sent the FDA a letter re: Revoking the Status of GRAS for the food additive Monosodium Glutamate.
I thought if I posted my letter, you guys would be able to use it as an outline to copy and paste and write the FDA also. MSGkills says it will take thousands of complaints to revoke this.
I hope we can start on these boards. Thanks.

Dear FDA,

I am writing to you in support of "Revoking the status of GRAS for the food additive Monosodium Glutamate." It is ID FDA-2007-P-0178-0001. The document date is 12/28/2007.

I am supporting this revocation with all of my heart because Monosodium Glutamate has ruined my life the way I once knew it. I now am on a very limited diet so that I can avoid MSG, whether listed as MSG, Monosodium Glutamate, or by one of its other 80 legal but deceiving names or numbers.

When I ingest this additive, even in minute amounts, I get these symptoms:

rapid heart rate, for which I have to take beta blockers
insomnia
bright red, pulsating face and cheeks
severe GI upset with diarrhea

I know there are various studies proclaiming the safety of MSG. I know that the companies who want to sell this stuff and add it to our food all say that it has never been scientifically proven to make people ill. They conveniently forget about the documented cases of "Chinese Restaurant Syndrome," and I am certain they totally disregard stories like mine. Monosodium Glutamate is an excitotoxin and it is deadly. A revered neuroscientist, Dr. Russel Blaylock has written an entire book on this subject called, "Excitotoxins, The Taste That Kills." You can review his book here:

http://www.amazon.com/Excitotoxins-Taste-Russell-L-Blaylock/dp/0929173252

You can find an interview with him here:
http://www.naturalnews.com/020550.html

The main problem for all of us who eat, is that MSG is contained in almost every food source in America. It is in everything processed, packaged and canned. To avoid it, I have to eat every meal at home, from food which I cook from scratch. I have to use ingredients which I am sure are safe, and that limits me to eggs from free range chickens, beef from farmers who add nothing to their meat, fresh fruit produce, and a tiny amount of food which I can obtain at a health food store.

Honestly, this is no way to have to live. However, it is preferable to lying awake all night with a pounding heart, or spending the night in the bathroom, ill. There are many more stories on boards and forums at:
msgmyth.com
msgtruth.org

Please take a moment and visit these web sites. The information contained within them is startling.

I firmly believe that Monosodium Glutamate must stop being called SAFE and be removed from the marketplace. As of now, we citizens have no choice in the matter of whether our food contains it. So I beg you, please remove the classification that MSG is safe by revoking the GRAS status. There are thousand of people who I know would concur with me. I am trying to give them a voice by writing this letter.

I hope you will take me seriously and Revoke the GRAS status of the food additive Monosodium Glutamate. Again, it is ID FDA-2007-0178-001. Monosodium Glutamate is very far from being 'generally recognized as safe.'
Respectfully,
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 6:57 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Getting the FDA to say MSG is not safe is a big job. The MSG industry would probably lose billions of dollars. And the FDA does not work for the general public. The FDA works for the MSG industry. And the MSG industry has the FDA by the xxxxx you know what.
Zoomer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 6:17 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is anyone noticing dr. Blaylock about this and asking him to spread the word in his network?
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 9:20 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dr. Blaylock's contact page:

http://www.myspace.com/russellblaylockmd
Lisa Marie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 4:42 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb, Carol, has anyone sent Dr. Blaylock the information? Thanks. LM
Lisa Marie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 4:44 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roy, any other contact ideas? He has not signed in his myspace since early March--also, he only has 6 friends listed on there.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 4:11 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm reading this about Dr. Blaylock for the first time right now. Has anyone sent him the information yet? It's a great idea. Let me know if someone has so I don't duplicate. My husband, Mike, just posted your letter on our site's homepage, Lisa Marie, with a couple references to Carol's and our site...along with information about the petition. Anyone can use it to copy and paste an email to Dr. Blaylock. I'm still at work and can't get to it right now. I also started a letter using the same information and letter to our circle of friends and family, and you all need to do the same thing....PLEASE! I sent the info to Jack Samuels of www.truthinlabeling.org. Great work, Lisa Marie!....your letter should inspire others to write in. Thanx!
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:05 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I haven't contacted Dr. Blaylock yet - I was busy with the autism committee yesterday.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 1:52 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, Carol! John Erb has emailed me a couple times since you both addressed (?) the committee you are talking about. This is BIG! How did you arrange this?? Give us the details..PLEASE! Where was it? John will be posting here soon. Think we will add a topic that is all about the petition to revoke the safe title for MSG. Then he will keep us up to date. What an honor to hear from him. Thanks, Carol...this is VERY exciting!
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 3:40 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

John sent me an email last week about the autism committee meeting and I thought it was so crucial that I just made the deadline to have my comments considered for the public comment portion of the day. I got to DC Monday morning and came back the same nite. I was allowed 5 minutes to address the group and so was John. We sat at the table next to the head of NIH and spoke into the microphone there. John graciously allowed me to go first and present the MSG autism connection theory. John held my chart while I explained it. I then said that the chart was available on MSGtruth.org. I had two copies on disk and gave those to two activists who were there and came up to me after my comments. John and I then walked to the Elephant Castle, had a nice dinner and toasted each other for helping save the world :-)
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 3:55 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bravo!!! Speaking for all MSG victims, you and John are heroes for being so committed and BRAVE!!! :-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page