Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

New Movie - The Beautiful Truth

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » New Movie - The Beautiful Truth « Previous Next »

Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 9:49 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have fantastic news. I was waiting until it was done to share this with you so no one could interfere with the project. Esteemed and extremely talented documentary film maker Steve Kroschel has just completed a Full Length Feature Film called "The Beautiful Truth" about the link between our Health Care and diet and environment. It is beautifully filmed - I just saw the Director's cut last night and it blew me away. The focus of the film is about a Physician named Dr. Max Gerson who developed treatments for chronic disease that centered on two simple but powerful ideas: Toxicity and Deficiency. When toxic substances are removed from a person's environment, and they are fed nutritious, unprocessed foods, they are able to naturally fight off chronic disease. In the movie are interviews with dentists and doctors and former cancer patients who provide the proof of why this method was so successful. In the film, we follow Garrett, Steve's 15 year old son as he travels the country on a quest to understand how toxins in the environment like flouride and mercury in amalgam fillings affect health as well as how food additives like MSG and aspartame harm people. I am in the film as well. We did arrange - thanks to the help of everyone here to get an interview with Dr. Blaylock in the film. Dr. Olney is in it too as well as folks from The Center for Food Safety. Very powerful film. It is so expertly filmed and funny too. It is sweet and has a lot of heart for an expose of the Pharmaceutical and Healthcare industrial complex.

This is the movie Michael Moore will wish HE had made. Maybe I can get folks around here together for a private showing. The movie is to be shown in theatres soon.
Tom Fernstrom
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 11:33 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol H,

Great news. Hope you can provide a link soon to where we can see or purchase the film.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 4:56 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh my gosh, that's fabuluous! Carol, I am so excited and can't wait to see it. I just keep saying to myself as I reread your post, "wow, wow, that is so great."

Thank you, thank you!
Sheri N
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 12:42 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, that's absolutely fantastic! Keep us posted please. Can't wait to see it and to take loads of friends and family with me!
Becky
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 1:30 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, I am excited about this too! Can't wait to see it!
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 1:45 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Film maker Steve Kroschel:

http://www.kroschelfilms.com/page2.html
MEMorrisNJ
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 10:20 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulations Carol. Please count me in for the showing if you can do it!
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 11:08 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think we should do a showing together. Lets pick a date.

The movie is made to be seen in Theatres so it isn't for sale, but I do have one copy that we can watch together - as a sort of preview screening.

It is such an amazing vaidation of everything we have discovered here. I wish we could have got Deb in the film - but her schedule and Steve's didn't coincide. The cinematography is actually breathtaking - it spans from Alaska to Jackson MS, to Denver, to St. Louis, to Mexico.

Steve is my new patron saint - next to Deb A, of course!
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 1:54 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, it sounds better than we could have imagined! I sure wanted to be able to meet with Steve, but couldn't change our plans that weekend. Sure hope we can all see it soon. Love you, Carol!
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 11:41 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It really is a beautiful movie to look at. Steve is masterful as a cinematographer. He has such a gentle way about him and the way he looks at the world is so hopeful and uplifting and also humorous.

Having 15 year-old Garrett as the focus of the movie - on his quest to understand the science involved in this story makes the story appealing to younger moviegoers. Steve captured Garrett quite accurately and sweetly.

I have seen it 3 times so far and it is quite compelling from the opening title to the final scene. It has gotten rave reviews from my family and close friends so far who have seen it with me.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 1:53 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can't believe Dr. Olney agreed to an interview! He was so disgusted by his treatment over the years, he has backed away some from the issues of MSG and aspartame.
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 8:35 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good news - the movie was picked up for distribution and will be out this year in 1,100 theatres - and at both the Cannes, Film Festival, and the Tribeca Film Festival. Spread the word, folks! There will also be an article about it in the newspaper near me. So, hang in there and tell your friends. Heck, TAKE your friends when it arrives in a theater near you! If you can make it to one of the film festivals - that would be great too!
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 7:05 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Linked below is the sound from an interview with Carol that's excerpted in the documentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5EjDOXH9xA
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 12:50 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is sooooooooo exciting! I'm going to tell everyone I see and take those I know.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 29, 2007 - 2:35 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wish they hadn't cut out that hilarious song!
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 18, 2008 - 3:14 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, I keep looking for The Beautiful Truth but am having no luck. I know you said it is coming soon to 1,100 theaters nationwide in the US. It is to be shown at both the Cannes Film Festival (May 14-25) and the Tribeca Film Festival (April 24 - May 4) in 2008. But haven't got the foggiest about film festivals and how that relates to where I can see the film. Can you provide any help as to how to find where and when it might be coming to a theatre near me. I am so anxious to see it.
CarolH
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 8:11 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dianne,

It will open like An Inconvenient Truth did. First in a few theatres in LA and NY then it will open in more theaters. Currently it is being entered into Film Festivals all over. Also, it takes a little time to get the financing done and also to create the advertising for it. It may not be out in theaters until May. I will definitely let you all know when you can go see it. They did a little more filming and editing since the version I viewed.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 3:22 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks, I am so anxious to see it....but I will wait patiently and quit buggin you.
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 2:15 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By the way, anyone interested in investing funds to bring this movie to as many theaters as possible - please contact Cinema Libre - the distributor for the film. The movie is done and finished, and will be shown in LA and NY, but with more investors, the film will get a wider release.
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 7:49 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is the article from my local paper about the film. Just wish I looked skinnier in the picture :-(

http://www.nvsuburbanite.com/NC/0/26.html
LaurenC
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 11:05 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great article and I can't wait for the movie. Is the movie ONLY going to be released in LA and NY unless they get investors? How will those of us out in the boonies get it? Will it be released on video at some point? It's interesting they mentioned amalgam fillings. I just started looking into getting mine removed and replaced with a non-toxic material. I'm highly allergic to metals, and having mercury in my mouth isn't very appealing.
Lisa Marie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 12:56 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That article is really good Carol....the writer did a good job with the narration and explaination. I only wish there was a way to get the average person out there to think that this pertains to them. Unless they are having symptoms, it probably won't click that "Hey, this could be me." I really hope the movie does as well as Super Size ME!!!!!! If it does, maybe then people will get that we are being poisoned, even when we avoid McDonalds--that little bit is not enough. Oh, also, you look great too!
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 8:25 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I sure hope the article is read by many and that this film will make a HUGE impact. Great job, Carol!
We're all proud of you. And we love your "big heart", too. :0
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 12:21 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, Very nice article. I am very anxious to see the film and refer all my friends, relatives and acquaintances to go see it too. I am sure that it will have an impact on everyone that sees it and, hopefully, even those that don't...because the whole country will be buzzin' about it. Thank you soooo much.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 10:37 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, can you put a link from your site to ours? I plan to put a blurb about you, your site, and the film. I have a link to your site, but it needs some more "something" added before the link. Right now it says something about "scientific information". :-)
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 7:14 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They posted a movie trailer for The Beautiful Truth on YouTube today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGRf7Xfo9Hk

It is scheduled to be released in Fall of 2008.
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 7:18 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Another excerpt from The Beautiful Truth - mercury fillings
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pQsi777_B1g
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:30 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, I'm so excited about the thought of finally getting to see the film this fall. Thanks for the links, the mercury excerpt is incredible AND infuriating.
Rose
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 5:13 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, thank you for this - looking forward to seeing it!
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 6:34 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For more videos related to the topics in the movie and to get you psyched for The Beautiful Truth:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GersonTherapy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ylnQ-T7oiA
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 9:41 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Beautiful Truth, an update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-5-GxgMJOo&feature=related

New movie trailer. The movie is definitely coming out Fall 2008. Cinema Libre is distributing it to theaters nationwide.

http://www.cinemalibrestudio.com/

I love the logo. It is the earth morphed into the shape of an apple.

The trailer focuses on mercury fillings - but MSG is very much a topic in the movie.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 11:08 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

An article dated today about The Beautiful Truth.

http://nvsuburbanite.com/NC/0/26.html
Emily
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 2:05 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dianne & Lauren C: This is your friendly neighborhood food addict dropping you a line to say I've stuck to the diet.

I am doing ok with it. My health is better and I get less tempted all the time. I just discovered I cannot do chicken so that leaves beans, rice, pears, apples, millet and quinoa to eat. Miraculously, I've not gone crazy yet and I am hopeful to be ablt to add in things soon.

Thanks for all your support a couple of weeks ago.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 3:12 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Emily,

Just wondered if the chicken you've tried is organic? So much of the chicken that isn't contains MSG.

Anyway, congratulations on doing ok and getting less tempted as time goes by, that's great! Keep up the good work. What kind of beans are you eating?
Emily
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 2:03 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello! All my foods, including the chicken, are organic. It appears to be the chemicals the organic chicken is rinsed in (I can't find anyone that rinses in just plain water) or the chicken itself.

Black beans and pinto beans seem to be ok if there are no sulfites and I don't do huge quantaties.

What beans to you eat?
Lisa Marie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 4:06 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I only use SMART CHICKEN. You can google it and find out where it is available. The organic SMART CHICKEN is the best, but much more expensive. So I just use the SMART CHICKEN.
EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 8:41 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Emily,

I eat the S&W canned beans or I buy beans in bulk and cook them myself (however, so far I do not react to sulfites).

Congratulations on sticking to your diet! I'm glad to hear you are feeling a little better.
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 6:56 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Awesome news everyone!!

The Beautiful Truth will open on November 14 in New York City at the Quad Theater.

http://www.quadcinema.com/

We need as many bodies to fill those seats as we possibly can squeeze in during opening weekend. It will open a week later in LA, and then more theaters depending on demand. We need to get as many folks there during the critical opening weekend as possible!

I can host something that weekend so we can all meet up and go together. I know this is short notice, but THIS would be a perfect time for another one of our cross country meet-up sessions. The Premier is really going to happen here in NYC, so we should make an event out of it. Believe me, you guys want to see a full length feature film that has Jack Samuels, AND Dr. Olney AND Dr. Blaylock in it as well as Charlotte Gerson and yours truly. Deb A would have been in it too except for scheduling conflicts. We need a HUGE presence at this premiere.

You WILL love this movie.

So, make plans to get yourselves here on the weekend of November 14. It will be after the election and before Thanksgiving, so there are no excuses. This is HUGE!
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 6:35 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can't wait to see it - thank you so much Carol - the movie's website ..

http://www.thebeautifultruthmovie.com/
Becky
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 7:24 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was on another discussion board and someone posted a youtube video of one of the trailers for The Beautiful Truth. Glad to see that the word is getting out! I can't wait to see it!
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 9:53 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's great news, Carol! I wanted to share my daughter's new blog here. She was hoping to finish a cookbook, but decided to post some of the recipes on a new site at: www.tasteofbluesky.blogspot.com
She avoids MSG, but is not as sensitive as I am and occasionally uses things like canned tomatoes that may have citric acid. But it's easy to make some subtitutes.
prg
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 5:55 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's so exciting!

I wonder how many lives this film will save.

I'm looking forward to seeing it, but can't afford to travel to NYC or LA. Well, it will make the theaters out here in the boonies eventually...I want my daughters to see it too. They've had to put up with their mom's chemical sensitivities for about 12 years now, and now my new MSG-free diet (which is SO worth the trouble!)

The other day we went to watch an old friend of my daughter play indoor soccer, and they had just put down new--fake grass or carpet or whatever it is--and I was sick within ten minutes and couldn't stay. It makes me so angry that I can't even go places and do things because our world is so full of toxic chemicals.

A friend of mine who is a straw-bale and natural-building teacher and advocate told me that a guy in the construction industry, big buildings, told her that 80% of the ventilation in "conventional" buildings (the kind we spend our lives in) is there just to vent the toxic offgas products of the construction and interior decorating materials. I sure believe it, as much trouble as I have with that stuff.

Then again, I guess I'm glad I can't breathe formaldehyde and air pollution...I mean, it's not really a BAD thing, to be unable to ingest poison...
Debbie H.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 6:49 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb- I love your daughter's tasteofblue site! It is awesome. I know you are very proud of her. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!
Debbie H.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 1:03 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the mention, Debbie H.! Yes, I am very proud of her. She just added a couple more recipes...the peach salsa looks great. She's a busy mom. She and her mother-in-law just drove 12 hours to buy fresh fruits and vegetables for friends, family, and others (500 orders!) in their small WY community. The winters are so cold there that they have to pay awful prices for most of their produce. They had to rent a U-Haul! There's a lot of grateful people in her town enjoying canning/freezing fresh produce right now. Again, her helpful site is: www.tasteofbluesky.blogspot.comand
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 3:31 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A., I think you meant www.tasteofbluesky.blogspot.com (without the and at the end, right?)
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 3:38 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A., Just went to your daughter's site, fabulous! I will recommend it to all my friends.

You obviously did a great job raising her. :-)
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 4:10 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A., Me again. What an incredible network of multiple websites she has created. And music to boot. And what a beautiful family she/you have.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 10:03 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Dianne...they do me proud!
Thanks for the site address correction. My daughter, Shelli, just posted some recipes for her green smoothies that I was mentioning earlier. I think that you can find her link from Kristi's blog. They are both very health conscious and even their little ones know what to avoid (most of the time). Shell's husband is the one in our book who began to develop a racing heart while in dental school. She finally convinced him it was the high glutamate snacks he was eating during the rush of finals and class prez responsibilities. Now he sends some of his patients to our site.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 10:13 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you are in Kristi's recipe blog, just click on "Glass Half Full" and then on Shelli's blog link to get her green drink recipes....they are so delicious and filling. I've been drinking them for a couple weeks and they last till 1:00 pm. I've even lost some weight!
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 10:21 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Correction, click on "Happy Girl" at Kristi's blog if you want the recipes. It doesn't say "Shelli's Blog". Sorry
EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 5:41 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A., thank you so much for sharing your daughters blog. I love it and can't wait to try some of the recipes. You have such a wonderful family.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2008 - 9:05 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks so much, Emily. Glad to share their talents. We really are blessed with some fine sons and daughters. They are doing their part to share this information now. I love the opportunity I have each week to share MSG information with my son's chiro patients...I get to actually see them. I email and talk to so many people each week, many who become regular callers who I have never seen. Chatting with them and all of you on this board is a perk of the job. My youngest son will be graduating from chiro school in April. For his final report, he did an oral about MSG. He had 2 visiting profs ask for more information. He plans to use it in his own practice soon. Do I sound like I'm bragging...maybe just a little! :-) ..am just grateful that the work we began here years ago is still going strong...stronger! Because of this site/board, many people here have networked and been able to accomplish some wonderful things. Keep spreading the word about MSG and aspartame!
EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2008 - 11:24 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I started my no-msg journey in 1997 I had little access to information on what msg was. It was so challenging to figure out how to live and what to eat. I'm so grateful for this snowball effect and for how quickly the word is spreading.

I have a recipe blog too and I'm excited to see how many people are searching/googling for "msg free recipes." It feels great to help someone in their msg free journey because I remember how long it took for me to find easy to use recipes. Thank you for all of your work and inspiration!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page