Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

The statin link

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » The statin link « Previous Next »

Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 3:17 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sleeplessness and statin use are linked:

http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNewsAndPR/idUSN0753237520071107

Now, MY theory is this:
Statin use can result in CoQ10 deficiency
COQ10 deficiency makes it hard to fend off an MSG reaction
MSG reactions can cause sleeplessness

In fact the pharmaceutical companies must know this - because they made Lunesta and other new sleeping pills that increase the effects of GABA - which counteracts glutamate.

So, they make money on you all coming AND going. They make statin drugs which lead you all to need sleeping pills, which, (how convenient!) they just so happen to also sell.

Boy, have I been at this too long? Am I that jaded now? Are they just so shameless now hoping to cash in before we all catch on??
J. Paxton
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 3:56 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have had trouble with COQ10. It has consistently given me symptoms very similar to excitotoxins. (Even the kind in rice bran oil).

I agree that they make a money on us coming and going. When I was having sleep problems due to Excito’s, I was given Ativan, which is an anti-anxiety tranquilizer. It helped me get to sleep, but I would wake up two hours later even more wired, so I then I would set my alarm to take more so I could sleep two more hours. Then I found myself getting edgy and irritable during the day, so I took a small dose when it got bad. When I learned that a side effect of this tranquilizer was “paradoxical excitation” I stopped taking it and my anxiety/irritability improved. I am very sensitive to whatever I put into my body and I seem to get most of the side effects of almost every drug I have ever been given. What is interesting in my experience is that many medications have paradoxical effects. I don’t know if it is intentional, I hope not, but if I take something to alleviate a symptom and on the surface it appears to work, but on a subtle level it exacerbates the problem, then hasn’t the medication added to the problem which then creates a need for more of the medication or perhaps even a new need for a yet another medication? YIKES!!!

This is why I say that there is no better medicine on than planet than prevention.
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 6:02 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

J, Prevention is the best medicine. But I take CoQ10 as a powder and mix it with a little pure olive oil in a spoon with my pinky. It turns my pinky bright orange, but its a quick way to take it.

Perhaps the rice bran oil capsules made you react because they were made of gelatin. Perhaps you would do better with a pure CoQ10 like from Beyond-A-Century?
MEMorrisNJ
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 11:17 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks for article, Carol. I got my 87 year old father off his statins. After several months, his leg pain is gone and he is sleeping like a baby now. It took me 2 years to convince his physician to test getting him off them. His cholesterol levels (including HDL) came up slightly --- but not enough to be concerned and the HDL/LDL ratio got even better.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 3:39 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is so amazing. I learn so much here...thanks, all of you for your important input. When I read about statins and sleep pills, I can't help but think of so many people I know who depend on them and also, anti-depressants. So many people hop from one med to another and seem to be sucked deeper into other health problems they never had to begin with. One sister-in-law told me excitedly several years ago, "Now I know what my problem has been! My doctor had me fill out a form, and then told me I was just depressed!" I had been trying to convince her to stop eating processed foods, to no avail...the quick fix appeals to most of us...give us a pill and make us better, doc! But she is a different person now...none of us is sure how she will be acting at any given time. If the meds are at one level, she is quiet, sweet, speaking almost in a whisper. If they are too high or too low...who knows, really?...she is loud, will say off the wall things, is sometimes aggressive and hyper, and sometimes, thoughtless....and sometimes she is sullen and low. I imagine this is how parents find their children when they are being treated with drugs for ADD or hyperativity. It is maddening and very tragic....a written test! I bet there are days when we would all fail such a test!
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 5:23 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is how it works:

1. They diagnose you as depressed (or somesuch thing). Doesn't matter whether it's a correct diagnosis. Doesn't matter whether the disease is a real disease. The idea is to turn you into a customer for their drugs.

2. Then they put you on a drug.

3. Then the drug does bad stuff to you, like it makes you crazy or something. Then they say "See? You are crazy, you need a drug."

4. If you are a parent and you object against putting your child on drugs, then the Powers that be take your child away from you on the grounds of child abuse. And your child is forced to take the drug.

5. By Law, every child must undergo psychiatric screening. This law will eventually be extended to adults.

6. Anyone who blows the whistle is a "conspiracy theorist". You can get tazered and put in jail for being a conspiracy theorist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b30iwhEw9ho
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj7GmeSAxXo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgg-yjpepsg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P6_FwpVo_s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy79C0v8elE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJvZbam9zgA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj0LZZzrcrs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOW8LNU2hFE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFbs8s3VI6M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbfA--AyBfE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLU1eRh9FUM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Q9A12634U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEIg1as2ppc
Becky
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 7:57 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sad, but true.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 6:06 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After two years I gave in to my doctor's pressure to try statins. After two days I stopped taking them due to difficulty walking and light sensitivity that had me wearing sunglasses to brush my teeth in the morning. This was while taking CoQ10 as a precaution. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 3:02 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roy,

D*mn! The doctors missed the opportunity to put you on more drugs, for difficulty walking and for light sensitivity.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 2:49 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roy, My husband has tried statins several different times (on his doctor's pressure), trying lower doses and different statins each time. He had to get off them all due to painful joints/muscles. And the last time it only took a couple of weeks to have those symptoms return. He has now been off statins for about 9 months and this time around has been controlling triglyderides (once were 977) and cholesterol (was so bad they couldn't even read the LDL) beautifully by diet....so it can be done....although he disputed that for years.

I've often wondered how much doctors make in kickbacks for writing Rx's.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 6:24 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dianne, I was put on a very low dose to begin with and still reacted badly within hours of the first pill, so trying another statin was out of the question. Gilbert's syndrome makes supplementation with niacin problematic. The high cholesterol is familial and not very responsive to a low fat diet. I suspect oatmeal may help.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 1:00 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My husband says he was put on a "sew your lips shut diet" because he couldn't hardly eat any fat or carbs. Once his numbers started coming down his nutritionist said he could have an extra "half an apple per day". My husband thought he would be allowed a slice of bread or something good like that. But he followed the nutritionist's orders to a T. Lots of beans/legumes, oatmeal, fish, a little lean poultry and beef and lots of lo-cal veggies and half an apple a day. During this diet he lost 30 pounds. People now ask him how he feels, expecting him to say great....but he still has his aches and pains and the biggy is tinnitus. I can't get him off all MSG(cousins)/Aspartame, he still wants his diet Coke and other diet products, that he feels he has to use because of his 'Cholesterol' diet. He feels his cholesterol is familial also, but when he really tries, he can keep it under control. He couldn't take niacin either - it made the tinnitus spike. What's Gilbert's syndrome?
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 1:12 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gilbert's syndrome:

http://www.selene.com/healthlink/gilbert.html
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roy, Interesting. So do you avoid animal products and eat mostly raw fruits and vegetables?
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No. I tried an almost totally fat free diet, it didn't lower the cholesterol much, and I found even that too restricting. A diet of raw fruits and vegetables would be near impossible for me to keep up with. I do avoid all alcohol and follow some of the other recommendations mentioned.
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 11:43 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dr. Russell Blaylock kicks the xxxx poop out of statins. Of course this is nothing new to me; I knew for a long time that all drugs are poisons.

"Dr. Russell Blaylock STATINS are dangerous!"

part 1/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sN9kPQdIoE&

part 2/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUJrLmwNT24&

part 3/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVYuitk-jhY&

part 4/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6oYcX_yAgQ&
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 12:53 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jerry, for me many drugs are indeed poison, but some others greatly improve the quality of life. I would advise everyone to be cautious and not just listen to their doctors, but to their own bodies.
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 5:51 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Instructions:

1. Pick any drug.

2. Look up info about it, from wiki, from the company that sells it, etc.

3. Read all the health benefits from the drug. Usually they are short about health benefits. And they are vague about how these health benefits happen.

4. Read all the "side effects", "adverse effects", "contraindications", "interactions", "warnings". These are so many euphemisms for poisonous effects. Notice that these poisonous effects can happen when the drug is taken as prescribed. We are not talking about overdose.

5. Compare the benefits (#3) and the negatives (#4).

6. Contemplate the following question: If this was not a drug prescribed by a Medical Deity or approved by the FDA (Fraud and Deception Administration), if it was a mushroom or a strange unknown plant, what would you think? You would think it is poison.

7. Go back to #1 and pick another drug and repeat the process as many times as you wish.

8. Are you getting the big picture?

9. Consider the health problem that you are taking the drug for. Instead of masking the problem so you are not aware of it, ask yourself how this problem happened. Causes are not shaped like a chain of links but like a tree.

10. Now look up fruits and veggies and flavonoids and other phytochemicals. You will be amazed at how much better they are than drugs. (The reason why is that they support biochemical pathways instead of disrupting biochemical pathways.)
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 6:43 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

jerry, you are so right & i totally agree with you in principle.

Unfortunately, some of us have allready been so damaged by all the crummy chemicals that more crummy chemicals have become the only to keep surviving.

my husband for example- a bipolar whose SEVERE swings are held in check ONLY by an artificial chemical coctail that manages to mimic the good brain chemistry he should have... but doesnt.
does that make me a fan of Big Pharma? not in the least! i blame Big Chem & GM for most of the world's modern health problems, many of which did not exist before the Chemical Age!
but after exploring ALL the options, and going through absolute hades, the particular rx blend he depends on for life & stability is allowing him exactly that- life & stability.
we both believe big chem messed his body chemistry up so badly that he is permanently dependent on these artificial drugs as a result... believe me, my husband would give anything for it to not be so. he HATES the fact that he cannot 'control himself' and must be faithful to his little bottle of pills in order to survive.
but reality is still reality... every time his doctor (a wonderful orthomolecular physician whom we have come to trust) attempts to wean him away, even to just a lower dose, all the craziness comes right back.
the simple unpleasant fact is that life in the modern chemical world has given him brain damage- his condition resulted from 20+ years as a printer, making reading material the rest of us take fro granted. and now, he must permanently be enslaved to big pharma for his continued survival.

jerry, i am not being dramatic, this is JUST how it is. and this awful scenario repeats over & over again in many many lives. in our church are a number of people who would give anything to get off the chems... but will never again be able to, for their bodies have reached the point of no return, and another day of life in this poor wrecked world still beats the alternative of dying.

you have successfully beat your own impossible odds & managed to remain pharma free, as have i, as has my ASD/Tourette's son.... and i pray often that those of us who have been able to get away from that slavery may remain free always.
i think i would rather die than get on drugs for survival. i think maybe that is how you feel too.

but for some, maybe for many i dont know, survival depends on bowing to big pharma... it does for my husband, and even tho i hate big chem & what it has done to him, how glad i am to still have him with me & functional in this life, even in this chemically-damaged/chemically-dependent state.
he has no real hope of getting off, his brain & adrenal processes are too damaged & hopelessly unstable. without the specific formula his doctor finally got him stabilised on, after so much intense psychic pain, he would have killed himself years ago. or gotten himself killed by acting crazy.
please believe me when i say we DID TRY EVERYTHING and nothing else gave him his life back. so this is far from ideal, and it is humiliating for him on a daily basis, every time he reaches for his little bottles of brain stability... but he is here, and present & in his right mind... and our sons have their father, and they would not otherwise.

you may never agree with this perspective jerry, and that is ok... it is my perspective & doesnt have to be yours. but please, please try to remember that other people will have their own perspectives based on their personal life experiences... and be gentle with those of us whose choices & understandings have differed from your own.

i know you have a good heart & only mean well. and i know you feel very VERY strongly as a result of your life experiences... and i wish i could give you a great big hug. your wit & insight almost never fails to make me smile & i always look forward to reading what you have to say. i hope you will not be offended by my comments here, this board just wouldnt be the same without you!
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 1:27 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

bo'nana,

The third and last story at the link below is about a woman who was eventually able to get off of her medications:
http://www.healthcarehijacked.com/success_stories
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 3:26 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanx roy... stories of successes like these are always wonderful news :-) :-)
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 13, 2011 - 4:57 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jerry, Thanks for the youtube links, extremely interesting!
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 10:51 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just came upon this quote from the French philosopher Voltaire:

"Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases
of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing."
evelyn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 8:49 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Right there with you all! Can't remember where I heard it but, "You can't medicate yourself to health." (but you can certainly medicate yourself to death) -

Med Free and Thankful!
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 12:33 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm a firm believer that you can greatly improve your quality of life if you find just the right medications for what ails you. Unfortunately a lot of commonly prescribed drugs can do a great deal of harm even if specifically meant for your condition. Everyone's different. Trust your body's reactions, not the ads on TV.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 8:45 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My son, the one I wrote about in our book, always wanted to be a traditional doctor until he became so ill due to MSG. When we found the culprit after many unsuccessful trips to several different doctors (some wrote it off as stress), he decided to go to chiropractic school. He said he no longer wanted to be a "drug pusher". He disdains meds and has never allowed his children to take OTC drugs for colds and such...and now so many of those drugs have been banned for kids. His whole outlook was completely changed because of MSG.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 2:35 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My brother is a talented doctor who runs emergency rooms, and in retrospect I've found his advice and prescriptions for me over the years to be right on the money. He has often lived over a thousand miles away from me, however, and the doctors I have seen in between have often prescribed just the wrong things and stood by them when they didn't work, or worse, leading me to call my wise brother to turn things around. There are good and bad people in every profession.
evelyn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 6:32 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To be fair, it was a doc friend that put me onto the real problem with my health. I told him my symptoms and how I had been tested for everything under the sun. He said he couldn't diagnose me from afar and he's the first one to stop in and get a burger at MickeyD's, but why didn't I try eating an organic diet and see if that helped.

It got me on the right path and then finding this site and researching finally led me to the truth. And only my family doc, who originally diagnosed me with mono responded to my sharing of the info I had. Neither the neurologist, who wanted to keep me coming back to say, 'Are you better now?', nor the ALS specialist I saw ever responded - I got the distinct impression he was only interested in guinea pigs for his ALS research. And while I applaud him for wanting to find a cure, he is clearly concerned with the greater good, rather than the individual patient. Bully for him, hope he gets the recognition he seeks.

The neurologist probably could have helped a lot of people by looking at diet. He tried to prescribe me some fibromyalgia medication, despite the fact that his way of deciding on it was to say - on my third visit to him, from across the room and without examining or testing me for it, 'Maybe you have fibromyalgia'. I told him that I did not. I didn't bother expanding on that to say that I had already researched and found it not to be a fit. At all. I'm quite sure I knew more about it than he at that point. I knew there was a hands on test to help diagnose and that he had not performed it.

Feeling like I should be taking someone's advice or it might look like I didn't want to get healthy, I filled the prescription and tried the drug and continued to research. I had gone from being able to run 5 miles to not being able to walk across the room, and this neurologist told me that, 'if I would stop laying around and get moving, I wouldn't be so tired'. And so I tried! But the final diagnosis was, I believe, Lazy and/or Crazy. :-)

Other than that, never been a fan of western medicine or Docs in general. I have had 4 operations in my life. #2 was to fix #1 and #4 was to fix #3. And so it goes for my whole family - I could go on and on with our medical horror stories...
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 9:53 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, you are so right about the good and bad in each profession, Roy. You are very lucky to have such an open minded and capable brother. I can say the same about my own family MD. He has always listened to me and been willing to work with my own ideas and suggestions. But I sure hear from hundreds who got no help from either their doctors or specialists for years. Each doctor is different. If only they could see the correlation to our health problems and food additives and GMO foods. That's not their primary training, as my own doctor says. So it's really up to us to do the research. Evelyn, it seems it's the specialists who have the most unyielding attitudes...as far as my son's and my own and your experiences.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page