Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

BookReactions-GoodCalories-BadCalorie...

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » BookReactions-GoodCalories-BadCalories-author on LarryKing « Previous Next »

Lisa Marie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 20, 2007 - 8:54 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please someone, tell me you saw the Larry King show last night!!! Gary Taubes new book "Good Calories, Bad Calories"--he was on, along with Andrew Weil, and Oprah's doctor-Mehmet Oz. It was upsetting me to see these educated men, STILL MISSING the point of what is causing the obesity epidemic. Gary says that fat and carbs have nothing to do with the problem--that it is in the body's insulin response (and other hormones)to the food we eat. Dr. Oz didn't agree--he thinks these things ARE contributory, but also that the sedentary lifestyle is causing it. I just wanted to SHOUT, wait a minute!!!! Gary, you are right on, but you are MISSING the most important piece of the puzzle---WHAT IS CAUSING THESE HORMONES to react this way??? Someone here, PLEASE write to these men, in a scientific way they can understand (I am not capable of composing a letter they would take seriously) and tell them, you are getting close, and you are selling millions of books, but you are light years behind in your propisitions!! Carol, Deb, Roy, oh my gosh, I felt like I was in the year 2050, watching that show from an archaic perspective, and thinking this is like looking at the orange, harvest yellow and avacado appliances from the 70's-because that is how out of place the information they were stating felt. These men are so off base. Help, I can't stand it, and I have no voice. (MSG, excitotoxins kill, not fats, carbs, etc)
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 20, 2007 - 11:47 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wish I had seen the show but, unfortunately, I didn't. I know how you feel, in fact I assume we all know how you feel. It is frustrating to no end to hear day after day from all different sources that new stats, or new data, or new theories, point to reasons for our country's health problems. I can hardly stand to watch it. I have been driven to write to several people (or shows), but I often don't even receive a response. Who knows if anyone even reads my letters. We will all just keep trying to educate our family, friends and acquaintences, and hope that eventually our grass roots will bloom into a forest one day.
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 4:59 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lisa Marie,

I actually had the chance to talk to Dr. Oz last November. I gave him my card with MSGtruth.org on it, and explained about the link between MSG and aspartame and obesity. He knows about that aspect, but the hormone aspect, we didn't get into. Basically, MSG increases estrogen, and as I am finding out the hard way, estrogen does a real number on your appetite and belly fat.

He will get it eventually. He is local and I hope to have the chance to talk to him more soon.

Don't worry. By the way, I was able to get in touch with Dr. Blaylock and he did the interview. Thanks to everyone here, we were able to get it done!

Don't despair - help is on the way.
LisaMarie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 4:29 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol,
Thank you for being able to talk to Dr. Oz. Perhaps you could email him also, and talk to him more about this subject, stating that since he was on the Larry King show--etc. etc. I am not very hopeful about him, because he did not agree with Gary Taubes. Perhaps you could also interview Gary (now would be a good time, since he wants to sell his book) Maybe he would consider doing a follow up edition, with more in depth information about WHAT CAUSES this hormones to get so out of order. Of course, I am still waiting for your book Carol.
Cherylin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 1:41 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just wanted to add that, although excitotoxins play an enormous role in obesity and hormone imbalances and so many other health issues, I think one cannot rule out other contributing factors. I am positively starving all the time if I don't eat enough good fats in my diet, for instance.

I have just discovered another missing piece of the puzzle which explains why I am so susceptible to brain chemistry issues (ie. depression, poor memory, inability to focus/concentrate, irritability etc.). A Swedish scientist has discovered that microwave radiation causes the blood-brain barrier to become more permeable. No wonder ingestion of excitotoxins makes me a nutcase. Maybe if I lived in isolation where there were no cell phone towers or other sources of dangerous EMF radiation, I would not be quite as susceptible.
Lisa Marie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 4:03 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cherylin,
Thank you for your input and comments. I really do think that MSG is affecting all people more than we know, but maybe those other people who think they are not affected simply have other symptoms which are not showing up as readily as ours do. I don't use my microwave at all, unless it is an absolute emergency situaion.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 10:24 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cherylin, Where did you find the info about the Swedish scientist's discovery. I would like to read it. Thanks.
Cherylin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2007 - 4:44 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Dianne,

Here is one link discussing this but I will also start a new thread because I think this info. has tremendous implications for all of us here.

http://www.emf-health.com/blog/2005_03_27_archive.html

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page