Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Smoking- Diet link

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » Smoking- Diet link « Previous Next »

Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 6:43 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/health/sfl-fljjpssmoke0911jjpssep11,0,7880784.story

This may be connected. I was just thinking about this today while looking at a friend's cigarette butts in an ashtray next to her diet Coke can. Think about this - aspartame gets turned into glutamate in the body. Nicotine is a glutamate blocker. Coincidence? I think not.
Diet Coke stresses them out - cigarettes calm them down. Terrible, vicious cycle. You have to break both habits at the same time. Glutamate increase from drinking diet soda leads to glutamate blocking self medicating by smoking. The thing is - even the cigarettes have MSG added to increase the addiction as well as ammonia to cross the blood brain barrier to create - glutamate. Terrible.
Anonymous

Posted From: 99.243.81.13
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 4:23 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vicious cycle indeed! Thanks for your keen powers of observation and deduction, Carol. Your hypothesis certainly makes logical sense to me.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 6:03 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, smoking MSG .... another great way to consume it.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 1:33 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Whether it's food, beverages, or cigarettes, it's all about addiction and profiting from those addictions. Our nation's health is going downhill. I am most worried about the future of our children. Any idea what the cost to all of us will be when we are providing care and probably special housing for the millions of autistic, obese, depressed, and mentally and/on physically handicapped victims who were children subjected to these toxins even before they were born? One is 166 children born today will be autistic, according to a recent ad I saw. My neighbor finally began to listen to me when I suggested that her depression and other health problems could be caused by MSG. I gave her a book, and she is doing so much better. Her husband has come over several times to report that he has his wife back. But the very sad thing is that their oldest son is in an assisted living home. He was this handsome and really wonderful teen. Then he began to develop terrible depression. I suggested a diet change years ago, but it fell on deaf ears. They have had to hospitalize him a few times. He is so drugged, has gained a lot of weight, and refuses to listen to his parents about changing his diet now. He eats a ton of junk food, according to them. But I am excited about his younger brother. He too, began to develop some symptoms and his mom asked me to talk to him. I gave him a book and he read it all summer. He agreed to avoid MSG when he is away from home, too, and said he felt better (normal again) immediately. His ambition: He wants to be a neuroscientist!!! Yeah! He is brilliant.. his other brother is a podiatrist. Our 12 year old grandson was "diagnosed" as a genius 2 years ago...shock to us all! His goal is to be a scientist, too. There is hope for the future in many young people who are now aware of the seriousness of excitotoxins in our food.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 6:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb, You are truly amazing. I can see where your grandson got his brains passed down from.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 2:04 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I sure won't take credit for our grandson! But thanks, Dianne! :-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page