Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Fortifying foods with what??

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » Fortifying foods with what?? « Previous Next »

LisaMarie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 3:24 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This sounds disgusting. What do you think?
http://health.msn.com/centers/cholesterol/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100169438&GT1=10412
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 5:46 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I always get suspicious when someone stands to profit....."By next year, global market researchers predict sterol-fortified products will be a $250 million industry, nearly three times what it was when such products first hit supermarket shelves."

It's always best to eat lots of fruits and veggies (organic if you can) to get the best benefit. At least that's my thinking.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 10:01 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do a search on Archer Daniels Midland....you can see why they have a ton to gain. Price fixing has been in their history and who know what else.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 2:07 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Archer Daniels Midland:

"F.B.I. agents raided the company and descended on the homes of Archer Daniels executives. Rapidly, accusations emerged of the participation by Archer Daniels in antitrust schemes in other markets, including those for citric acid, fructose corn syrup and monosodium glutamate, a food additive. Lawsuits were filed by purchasers of each product line."

http://kaplanfox.com/press.php?&id=7
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 2:41 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Add that powerful company to Monsanto, and you can see what we are up against, not to mention food industry powerhouses.
Becky
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 10:36 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roy, thanks for posting that. I like to see citric acid right alongside with fructose corn syrup and monosodium glutamate. Citric acid is such a benign sounding ingredient, but this proves to me how bad it really is.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page