Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

OCD and MSG

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » OCD and MSG « Previous Next »

Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 5:26 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And now for the info you've known all along and the "experts" are just waking up to:

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is officially linked to problems with glutamate transmission. The study that proved it - not a double blind "correlation is causation" media circus study on humans who eat everything in sight - but another clear animal study with mice. http://www.medpagetoday.com/Psychiatry/GeneralPsychiatry/tb/6477

And so - for me another good explanation for behaviors that made my sisters tease me relentlessly as a child. Since I have avoided MSG, those behaviors are much much less.

And so - another crack in the "myth".
Debbey
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 9:56 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have twins
one has OCD dots/one does not
same food/enviroment till kindergrden
then packed lunch and they cane wo work with me
difference-one with ocd has low blood sugar
am I correct to believe drop in blood sugar allow msg to cross brain/blood barrier much easier therefore doing damage?
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 5:37 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, Interesting article, in part: "......Since this is the first study to directly link OCD-like behaviors to abnormalities in the glutamate system in a specific brain circuit, it may lead to new targets for drug development," Dr. Feng said."

Good news, we've all been waiting for a new drug to cure our glutamate reactions.
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 1:49 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

About a drug to cure glutamate reactions:

The MSG industry and the medical industry have a good thing going between them. Neither of them gives a rat's @$$ about your health.

Stay off MSG and put both of them out of business.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 6:50 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I go back and read my last post I realize the my intented sarcasm didn't come through on "Good news, we've all been waiting for a new drug to cure our glutatate reactions."
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 7:07 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It came through - I got it :-)
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 12:06 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Carol :-)

I think I need to reread my posts a few more times before submitting them - I'm a little spacey lately from a new medication I'm on.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page