Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Obesity -Diet Foods Link

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » Obesity -Diet Foods Link « Previous Next »

Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 9:16 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Once again, the experts are "puzzled". They keep trying to sweep the fact that diet foods INCREASE obesity risk under the rug because it is inconvenient to their paradigm of diet foods being good for you. But the facts keep rearing their ugly head. Even in animal studies, the animals eating diet foods get fatter.
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1650860,00.html

A few years ago, when I emailed with Marion Nestle who wrote "what to eat" about the MSG - obesity link, she shot down the very idea -clinging to a stubborn, smug idea they teach in nutrition class that calories in must be lower than calories out - end of story. But there are things called hormones, and endocrine glands and the primal urge to eat and the food additives like MSG and aspartame that affect things like leptin and grhelin and AMPK, that don't fit neatly into her philosophy. I have a lot of respect for her writing ability as far as it goes, but she lost a lot of respect with me by not even investigating this issue. She could have helped a lot of people by opening up her mind just a tiny crack more. Especially since she was in the movie Super Size Me.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 10:02 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Once again, it's that scientific, "I am so educated", "Don't bother me with that unproven nonsense", skeptical, or whatever attitude that is hurting so many people. Carol, thank heaven you are on our side!!! :-)...a great mind, AND it's open! You are wonderful.
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 7:01 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aw, shucks......

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page