Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

They find the "itchy" gene

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » They find the "itchy" gene « Previous Next »

Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2007 - 5:12 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Guess what guys? They found a gene for itchiness, and it is related to glutamate and GABA. The news stories today are filled with how gastrin releasing peptide receptor genes cause more itchiness in people. Well, it is our job to point out where these new discoveries show that MSG will make some people even more itchy than usual or more asthmatic, or more allergic, or more epileptic or more autistic. For any new gene discovery - do a google search of that genes name and glutamate and let us know what you find. They are discovering new genetic links to illness all the times. These are opportunities to find out how the body works and why some people react more to MSG than others.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&list_uids=15680955
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 3:51 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Amen to ithiness being caused by MSG. My dad would itch so bad after eating out, that he would have my mother scratch so hard sometimes, it would bleed. I had the same reaction for years. Poor Mike's hands would get tired!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page