Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Ketamine - glutamate blocker works on...

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » Ketamine - glutamate blocker works on depression « Previous Next »

Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 07, 2006 - 3:53 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You all have to read this link
http://www.forbes.com/forbeslife/health/feeds/hscout/2006/08/07/hscout534229.html
One shot of this glutamate blocker helped over 70% of patients with depression within ONE DAY.
"Ketamine works by blocking the N-methyl-D-aspartic acid (NMDA) receptor, which receives signals for glutamate. Using ketamine to block glutamate's action on the NMDA receptor also seemed to have a secondary effect on another brain receptor, the AMPA receptor".

Remember, the NMDA receptor is also the target of the aspartic acid - half of the aspartame molecule. Gee, do you think that the doctors who are so surprised by this result will tell their patients to avoid MSG and aspartame? Nahhh, me either. :-(
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 6:52 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There's the proof! You're so right, Carol. It's unbelievable to me that they are not bringing up the questions people should be asking: "okay, so why is blocking glutamate helping these people, and oh yeah, why are they getting so much of it?" It seems obvious that the FDA and all involved with research on this issue are very aware of the effects of MSG and aspartame. They know the immense problem (economically and politically) it would be to remove them from our foods, so they are finding ways to block their effects. Let's keep pumping money into drug research, but let's keep protecting our friends in the drug and food industries! What a price we're all paying.
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 1:46 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Law of Doctor Behavior:
Given multiple ways of handling a health problem, doctors select the one that makes them the most money.

(They don't give a xxxx about health. Only money.)
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 8:16 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just heard on the radio yesterday that 62% of Americans have turned to alternative medicine. Doesn't say much for traditional doctors. My son wanted to be a doctor all his young life until he became MSG sensitive and couldn't function anymore at the age of 19. We took him to every type of traditional doctor out there and he had every type of test imaginable. Then there were the drugs for his debilitating headaches and other symptoms. After being told it was stress or all in his head time after time, he felt like his life was over. He couldn't learn or concentrate. Within that same year, we discovered MSG was the culprit. He could have gone on to be an M.D., but he decided to become a chiropractor, saying he did not want to be a drug pusher. He has his own office this year where I work part time. In his first large phone book ad, which just came out, it states,
"Learn about harmful food additives that are making your ill". As a result of finally being his own boss, he can display our book and has copies of Dr. Blaylock's, and Dr. Schwartz's books in the waiting room. We have been able to help so many people, locally. I have to laugh. Some will reschedule their appointments when I will be working so that they can chat about MSG, or in other words, ask a ton of questions! But I love it. One woman has referred 7 of her neighbors to our office, and what fun it has been to help them. One young mother's terrrible rosacea has totally cleared, and she is so excited. Another has said that since she and her family have stoppped eating fast food and junk, her children don't need drugs for A.D.D. They love my son, telling me all the time that he is the best chiro they have had....had to brag!
MEMorrisNJ
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2006 - 5:06 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How exciting for him and you too! I bet he will be the best!
Debbey
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 8:42 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ketamine worries me...although it helps with research as far as glutamate blockers...it is
highly addictive..we use it at work and it is callled Special K on the streets
Anon.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 12:34 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree --- very highly addictive. An acquaintance's brother was hooked on it for years --- would get it from his hospital work --- ruined his life, career and family.
Deb A.,
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 9:25 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks MEMorrisNJ! Have you guys met yet for your N.J. group? Lucky to have so many wonderful people from here who live that close to each other.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page