Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

The PR wars have begun again

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » The PR wars have begun again « Previous Next »

Carol H
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 6:11 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is a link to a biased article about MSG with lies about MSGTruth in particular. http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=506982

Please note that this guy's bio on the website says he owns Asian restaurants and is a musician wanna-be. Hardly a scientific expert. Hardly an unbiased one at that.

Here are his "credentials":

"shaogo
My employment has ranged from experience in the Corporate world (IBM, Ford Motor Co.) to Director of Compliance for a major New York nightclub. I currently own Asian-themed restaurants with my wife of fourteen years.......
I combine business and pleasure by featuring live jazz music presentations at our flagship restaurant, Szechuan Tokyo, in West Hartford, Connecticut. More info: www.asianfusion.net.
I've been an associate producer as well as executive producer on over five albums -- all independent productions of jazz and big-band music. I continue to stay very active in the music scene. My genre focus is on jazz and the Great American Songbook. Not a musical "purist," my collection of over 3,000 CDs and vinyl albums also includes Classical selections, R&B, and my "guilty pleasure," 1970's and '80s Disco.
I review CDs for various on-line and print media, from time to time. I've continued producing music for up-and-coming artists (typically, demo discs). I'm currently learning how to master ProTools digital recording software, to add audio engineering to my list of skills.

I encourage members of the E2 community to email me: paul@asianfusion.net"

Note to self - AVOID eating at Szechuan Tokyo in West Hartford Connecticut or risk a doozy of an MSG reaction.
Carol H
Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 10:44 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I really want to apologize for my last post and if Deb can erase it - I'd appreciate it. I have begun a real honest dialogue with the writer of that article and I feel badly that I jumped the gun by insulting him. I can be a little quick with the putdowns sometimes and I'm sorry for that. He owns several restaurants and assured me if a person was MSG intolerant, they would sincerely help that person avoid it at the restaurant if they wish. I feel this is a good dialogue to have and I am quite encouraged by his attitude. He earnestly understands where I am coming from now. Boy, do I need to learn to count to ten and take a deep breath before blogging!
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 6:09 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Geben mir bitte eine Brotchennbs

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page