Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

FOX News MSG Report March 10 (Dr. Man...

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » FOX News MSG Report March 10 (Dr. Manny Alvarez) « Previous Next »

Lisa Marie
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 6:42 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am so appalled that I don't know where to begin. This morning on Fox and Friends they announced that Dr. Manny Alvarez would be on to tell the truth about MSG. He came on and said about 4 sentences regarding MSG. I looked on the FOX site for the transcript and couldn't find it, and I don't want to misquote him. Maybe one of you can find it who has a faster computer (the one I am on is dial-up) and there is a place there which you can click on but it won't come up for me)The link to the page:
http://www.foxnews.com/foxfriends/
He basically said that MSG is nothing to worry about, that there has not been a major link found between it and any diseases, chronic or otherwise. Except that for some people with asthma it might be a problem. I am quoting here, "Lots of people are allergic to it." And, "Nothing says it's gonna kill you." E.D. Hill then asked him why some Chinese restaurants have menus saying "No MSG." He said again, because lots of people are allergic to it, and so they just want to let people know it is not in the food.
Oh my gosh, I am just seething!! I wish I could construct a formal letter to this man, this so-called physician, but I know I am not educated enough to inform him in a manner in which he would even listen. Carol, Deb, someone who would put some sense into his head, PLEASE, I beg you to write him a letter. I intend to write to him, and the Fox station, and just basically tell them that the segment was a joke. PLEASE, let's bombard them with some letters!!!! Millions of people watch this show, and now they are more certain that 'we'--meaning all of us complaining about MSG, are off our rockers.
This is his address: Drmanny@foxnews.com
And, this is the am show address:
Friends@foxnews.com
Please, let's call them on this one.
Carol H
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 5:40 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lisa Marie, Fox is not known for their fact-checking capabilities. I usually take what they say with a grain of salt. They can say whatever they like, but the public knows what gives them a headache and what does not. Fox news is very close to the Bush administration - one of the top news guys there is GW Bush's cousin, and Donald Rumsfeld is still in his Administration and the the same companies that make aspartame (which Donald Rumsfeld helped get approved over the objections of FDA scientists) also make MSG. And friends of the Administration like Bill Frist are linked to the health industry and to Big Pharma who wants to make a killing (literally) on glutamate blockers for diseases caused by too much glutamate. Follow the money. The public is finding out the truth even as certain powers that be are trying to obscure the facts so they can make money off our ignorance. But there are people out there - learning that by avoiding MSG, their headaches go away and their children no longer get epileptic seizures. We have the truth on our side. I have not seen the documentary Outfoxed about Fox News but I doubt I'd be surprised by it.
Carol H
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 5:43 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you would like to call them on it - they should ackowledge that hospitals such as Hackensack University Medical Center advise patients who are taking epileptic anti-seizure meds NOT to use MSG. Why doesn't Dr. Manny know this?
Lisa Marie
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 3:58 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Carol
Deb A.
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 11:53 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I had a mailing address for Dr. Manny, I would send him a copy of my book, Dr. Blaylock's, and Dr. Schwartz's...not that it would do any good...but who knows?
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 4:14 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A.,

Here it is:

Manuel M. Alvarez M.D.
Adjunct Professor
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
550 First Avenue, 7N
New York NY 10016

phone: 1 212 263 7227

http://www.med.nyu.edu/contacts/alvarm03.html
Deb A.
Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 11:07 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Roy. Will do. Will someone tell me why an OB-GYN would be called upon to commentate on MSG's safety?
Deb A.
Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 11:31 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roy, anyone. Could you find any info linking MSG to infertiliy or defects and post it here? I'd like to send this doctor some hard evidence....that's all most doctors will look at, unfortunately. I have the most recent one you posted. I believe that there is an FDA bulletin that warns pregnant or lactating women, children, and the elderly not to supplement with glutamate, also. Thanks!
Jerry Story
Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 2:07 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A. asks: "Will someone tell me why an OB-GYN would be called upon to commentate on MSG's safety?"

The answer is here:
http://www.med.nyu.edu/contact/ethics.html

quote:

Ethics

Welcome to the NYU Health System! The mission of NYU Health System is the relief of human suffering caused by disease and disability through education, research and patient care.

Pursuant of our mission, the Health System is committed to the highest standards in all areas of health care delivery, training and information. To the best of our ability we offer accurate, timely and comprehensive information about our institution for the benefit of those who need it.

Babies are specially vulnerable to damage from MSG because the blood brain barrier is not yet fully formed.

You are looking at the face of evil.
Lisa Marie
Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 4:25 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb, trying to answer your question, I searched, and found this comment:
http://www.foxnewscritic.com/alvarez.html
As far as I know, he is just their current resident physician and has his own healthbeat segment, so I supposed he will answer any medical question. I just can't locate the transcript from the Friday, March 10th show in order to quote him verbatim. I have looked at the Fox news site and just can't find a transcript. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to him to try and set him straight!
Deb A.
Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 8:38 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, guys.
Debbey
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 11:07 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Diabetics and hypoglycemics are also vunerable when there are variations in blood sugar and the glutamates get through the barrier
Carol H
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 5:50 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had the same thought, Deb. An OB/Gyn. Every time I had a bad health issue - abdominal pains from my renal artery or my pituitary tumor, the OB/Gyns misdiagnosed me and put me on birth control pills. The worst thing to do. When your only tool is a hammer everything looks like a nail. Most OB/Gyns don't know much about the rest of the body - their main focus is on the fetus - making one, delivering one, or preventing one. The rest of the stuff in my abdomen always seems like a complete mystery to them - my kidneys, my pancreas, my adrenal glands. As for research Dr. Manny may have seen from the glutes is the study done on MONKEYS which don't metabolize MSG the way humans do. That study is what the glutes base their false claim on - that MSG doesn't cross the placenta. The thing they don't tell doctors is that the placenta involved in the research belonged to a monkey.
Debbey
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 10:24 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

also the enviroment of a monkey is stable and controlled unlike the day to day of humans...everything they do is regumented..including the temperature they live in
the food they eat...stress would seem to be during and after blood samples not before where it could possibly cause a flux in numbers
some research just does not seem viable
it is sad that the stats depend on who is
interpreting them and how honest the techs were
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 9:05 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kansst du mir ein Speisekarte zeigen ?s

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page