Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

McDonald's Admits to more Hidden Ingr...

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » McDonald's Admits to more Hidden Ingredients in Fries « Previous Next »

Judith
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 9:10 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not sure if anyone else posted this yet, but apparently they are at it again, this time with hidden dairy and wheat in fries, not to mention more trans fats, etc. etc.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/02/mcdonalds_gluten.html
Jerry Story
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 2:34 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Never trust restaurants. Never eat anything from a restaurant.

The food garbage they serve is not fit for a dog to eat. Literally. Glutamate is used to kill dogs.

And it's not fit for a pig to eat. Literally. Trans fats kill pigs.

Restaurants are crookeder than a dog's hind leg and lower than a snake's belly and they don't give a rat's @$$ posterior about your health. It's not surprising that McDonald's tells lies.

Restaurants are not in the food business. They use food to smuggle in stuff like MSG and aspartame and trans fats.

If restaurants were in the food business, they would have truckloads of fresh veggies and would offer 57 kinds of veggy juice. Without anything in it except veggy juice. Did you ever see a restaurant like that? Nope. This proves that they are not in the food business.

Restaurants are full of .....
Carol H
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 8:10 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jerry, don't give up hope - there are 3 veggie juice bars just in my town:-)
Jerry Story
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 1:33 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What does the veggy juice have in it besides veggy juice? V8 has "seasoning".
Deb A.
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 8:21 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jerry, you could start your own juice bar! I would love to live in your town then.
Carol H
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 8:20 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jerry, just veggies, they just make juice to order in a juicer. You watch them make it for you and tell them what you want in it. Around here, a lot of folks are too busy (or too rich or too lazy) to make their own juice at home even though they want it fresh. They stop off on their way to work and get their veggie juice or coffee. It is becoming as popular as sushi around here.
jolts
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 7:15 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check out this post from curezone by this fella Kevin who was severely poisoned by working at McDonalds.

Subject: Im dying...i need help...
Date: 2/26/2006 2:41:00 PM ( 7 h ago ) ... viewed 60 times since Feb 20 2005

Im 19 and dont know what to do...

I feel like I have some major disorder or disease. My whole body has not felt normal since the fall of 2003. I am so honest. I started working for mcdonalds in june 2003 and quit may 2005. I am thinking that eating all that food might have weakened my bodys immune system. I feel like there might be some deficiency or something wrong with my nervous system.

I was diagnosed with IBS back in 2004. When I quit mcdonalds a lot of my stomach probs disappeared. However, I still get discomfort a lot still. At night or in morning mostly. Lots of digestive problems also. At times it seems to be related to my body weakness and my nervous system problems. More about that below...

Here is the most annoying thing of all. Moving feelings in my body from my feet to my head. These feelings are just everywhere in my body and in my nervous system. It seems like they are tingly and moving. It is so hard to explain. Sometimes I have vibrations in my arms and legs also. I also get extreme weakness with it in my whole body. If I am sitting down on a couch and change positions, I get this heavy feeling in my chest and my head. If I am bending over, I get tightness in my chest and my head feels lightheaded. There is so much more I cant explain. Sometimes while I am working my whole body feels hot and I feel like i'm off balance and im moving weirdly. I am just a cashier at walmart.

Allergies and sinuses. I am congested every morning when I wake up and basically all day. I have tried a lot of allergy pills and sinus pills. Nothing really works. I have sinus pressure every day. It seems to be much worse at work. I am there 39 hours a week so.

TMJ. Where do I start? I am trying to eat softer stuff. The pain is so bad at times in the back of my head and in my face. I also have pain in my neck and cheeks.

I dread going to bed every night because I know when I wake up in morning I will feel sh***y. Every time that I wake up between 9-10am, I have queasyness in my head and digestive discomfort and I feel crappy just moving in bed. Its very hard to explain but it is very depressing...

I feel so hopeless. This depresses me every day because I feel it every day. I feel like I can't get help and that my parents dont believe how bad it is. Sometimes I am very miserable for 2 or 3 days straight or a week or two. Actually, the summer of 2004 was better then last summer. My sinuses were better in 2004, but my stomach probs were worse then in 2005. So, different months have been worse in different ways. The last 7 months have been very bad though. Mostly because of my tmj and sinuses. The feelings and vibrations in my nervous system and body are the things that dont change. It has been every day since October of 2003. However, my health didnt really go down hill bad until the beginning of 2004. I want my old body back. The body where I felt alive not a body with discomfort 24/7 for 2-3 years..

I have no idea what to do..I take herbs..

ugh...

thanks
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 6:17 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there an email address for this person? He needs to be directed here. Have you responded to him, Jolts?
jolts
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 10:16 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Deb...no I haven't responded to him. Would you say all his problems are glutamate related? If so than I'll respond. No email for him but if go to post you can email him that way.Her's the post:
http://curezone.com/forums/m.asp?f=362&i=11969

Pat Sr
MEMorrisNJ
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 5:39 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Post and Courier - 2/27/06 http://www.charleston.net/stories/?newsID=72885&section=science
If you are what you eat, what are some of the ingredients? by David Quick

Article contains references on how the following are made:
Carnauba wax
Carrageenan
Guar gum / Gum arabic
Maltodextrin
Monosodium glutamate
Phenylalanine
Soy lecithin
Xanthan gum
Deb A.
Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 8:59 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jolts, I would say that this man is suffering from MSG poisoning, without a doubt! Please get our website address to him, if you would? (www.msgmyth.com and www.msgtruth.org) I have been so busy, I have not even tried. He desperately needs to know what to do to get better.
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 4:16 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Descriptions of pubs their atmospheresmjv
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 10:34 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't nobody touch McDonald's food with a ten foot pole. It has xxxx in it.

http://jessfastfood.tripod.com/fastfoodnutritionfacts/id25.html

quote:

Here you will discover the ingredients in McDonald's most popular foods:

Beef Patty: (Regular hamburgers, Quarter Pounders, Big Macs) 100% pure USDA domestic beef, no additives, no fillers, no extenders.

Crispy Chicken Breast Filet: Boneless skinless chicken breast filet with rib meat containing up to 19.5% of a solution of water, seasoning (salt, spices and spice extractive), sodium phosphates. Battered and breaded with wheat flour, water, modified corn starch, salt, spice, dried egg white, wheat gluten, and leavening (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, monocalcium phosphate). Breading set in vegetable oil.

Fish Filet Patty: Pollock, bleached wheat flour, water, modified corn starch, yellow corn flour, dextrose, salt, yeast, cellulose gum, natural flavoring, and sodium tripolyphosphate (to retain moisture).
Grilled Chicken Breast Filet: Boneless skinless chicken breast with rib meat, water, seasoning [salt, flavor, rice starch, sugar chicken flavor (contains butter oil, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, chicken fat, egg yolk, bonito fish extract), autolyzed yeast extract, maltodextrin, chicken broth, lactic acid, citric acid and cultured whey], corn syrup solids, modified rich starch, sodium phosphates, seasoning (flavor, processed wheat, salt, wheat flour, dextrose, sugar), chicken flavor (contains wheat starch), hydrolyzed proteins (soy, corn), smoke flavor, caramel color

Pasteurized Process American Cheese (1 slice): American Cheese (Milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes), milkfat, water, sodium citrate, sodium aluminum phosphate (kasal), salt, sodium phosphate, sorbic acid as a preservative, artificial color, soy lecithin.

Processed Cheddar Cheese (shredded): Cheddar cheese, enzyme modified cheddar cheese (milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes), water, lactic acid, enzymes, milkfat, sodium citrate, kasal, salt, sodium phosphate, sorbic acid (preservative), apocarotenal (color).

Regular & Quarter Pounder Buns: Wheat flour (bleached and enriched with thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, iron, folic acid), water, high fructose corn syrup, yeast, vegetable oil (partially hydrogenated soybean, corn, canola, and/or cottonseed). Contains 2% or less of salt, wheat gluten, oat fiber, malted barley flour, mono- and diglycerides, propionic acid, phosphoric acid, calcium sulfate, ammounium chloride, monocalcium phosphate, ascorbic acid, azodicarbomide, corn flour, soy flour, potato flour, calcium peroxide, diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, silicon dioxide, sodium steryol 2 lactylate, fungal enzymes, emulsifiers, sodium or calcium propionate (as a preservative), sesame seeds on the Quarter Pounder Bun.

Deluxe Roll: Wheat flour (bleached and enriched with thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, iron, folic acid, malted barley flour), water, high fructose corn syrup, potato flakes, vegetable oil (partially hydrogenated soybean), wheat gluten, yeast. Contains 2% or less of salt, emulsifier, dough conditioner (mono- and diglycerides, sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate), yeast nutrients (ascorbic acid, azodicarbomide), calcium propionate (as a preservative), natural and artificial flavors, phosphoric acid, propionic acid, fungal enzymes, xantham gum, soy flour, buttermilk solids, sesame seed.

Big Mac Buns: Wheat flour (bleached and enriched with thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, iron, folic acid), water, high fructose corn syrup, yeast, vegetable oil (partially hydrogenated soybean, corn, canola, and/or cottonseed). Contains 2% or less of salt, wheat gluten, malted barley flour, mono- and diglycerides, propionic acid, phosphoric acid, calcium sulfate, ammounium chloride, monocalcium phosphate, ascorbic acid, azodicarbomide, corn flour, soy flour, potato flour, calcium peroxide, diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, silicon dioxide, sodium steryol 2 lactylate, fungal enzymes, emulsifiers, sodium or calcium propionate (as a preservative), sesame seeds.

French Fries: Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor, dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Cooked in partially hydrogenated soybean and corn oils, TBHQ (to protect flavor), citric acid, dimethylpolysiloxane and natural flavor.

Chicken Nuggets: Chicken, marinated up to 8% with a solution of water, chicken seasoning (chicken, wheat starch, salt, butter oil, chicken fat, beef extract, vegetable shortening, roasted sesame seed oil, silicon dioxide (anticaking agent), bonito extract, thiamine hydrochloride), salt, sodium phosphates. Battered and breaded with water, bleached wheat flour (enriched with niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin), yellow corn flour, wheat flour, modified corn starch, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, dried whey, wheat starch, corn starch. Cooked in partially hydrogenated soybean and corn oils, TBHQ (to protect flavor), citric acid, dimethylpolysiloxane.

Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 7:36 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It gets worse:

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/getnutrition/ingredientslist.pdf

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page